Local Paper Delivery Run (1 Viewer)

HoCo8

HSC
Does anyone here deliver there local paper around there area? I'm thinking of taking up the job on the side of my one at woolies for a bit of extra cash seeing as its just one day a week. But does anyone have any idea how much you actually get? Its only a few hours a day but hoping they give good rates or something...

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
dep. on how many papers you deliver. you get about $23-40 for the whole round i think. it also depends on whether they want you to add a pamphlet in it or something. they pay per contract so not /hr. its about 3-4 hours of folding, banding, bagging (dep. on whether its rainy) if you do it on your own or 1-2 hours if your doing it with someone else. then theres the actual delivery (about 15 mins-1 hour).

its not so good $$ if you like getting black inky fingers and but good if you like the smell of lead : )

Peartie

HSC
i did it when i was younger and it is definatley not worth it

it wasnt great pay and you have to, as was said above, put in pamphlets, fold them, bag them etc....that in itself takes a good hour at least usually

then there is delivering as well...

HoCo8

HSC
I do it now for extra cash, twice a week, I get about 150 cash in hand (not taxed) a week, it takes me about 3 hrs per day to wrap and deliver them. best to use car.
What paper and area is this in? Because thts about the money i was hoping for but might vary..

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
Not worth it if you have to roll/wrap them all and then delivery it too

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
If you read the first post, Hoco said Local Newspaper. No folding, or adding in pamphlets or so on...They deliver them to your house and you dont even need to fold them, just roll them as you get to the house.

Just watch the pay though. I did it like 4 years ago, was $14 for me for the 1hour run, and the 2nd local paper in the same area wanted to pay $6.

Suic1de

Banned
HSC
Yes pamphlets are different to the paper. Pamphlets were so terrible that i would just dump mine unless there was something sweet in them like sample packets of something.

My local newpaper gets different people to fold/bag and deliver. I think it also pays quite reasonable.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
just dump em and drive around with the receiver you get

08er

HSC
i did something similar around my local area and only got paid 'pocket money' as the employers were only looking for people who want to exercise but also earn a little cash from delivering. in my experience the hours were very flexible - you were basically given a period of time (usually 2-3 days) to complete your job and you can choose to deliver them at any time you wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)