LNGS1002 or SCLG1002? (1 Viewer)

opage

HSC
Hey guys :)
What are they like? which unit is better? more interesting? less stressful? etc
Cuz i have a clash with LNGS1002 lect and another unit lect and LNGS1002 makes me come in for an hr lect on wed, when i could have it off. I am at uni 5 days with LNGS1002 as a unit but if i changed it to SCLG1002 i would be at uni 4 days instead and wouldn't have a clash. But if LNGS1002 is a lot better, worth it etc then i could make it work by arranging with a friend for one of us to go to one of the lects and one of us go to the other lect then share any notes, cuz she does the same units as me. Or does anyone know if LNGS1002 records their lectures?
Give me your thoughts!
Thanks
:)

brownie44

HSC
I did SCLG 1002 last year and it was pretty interesting and not really stressful at all. The topics were celebrity, community, identity and a couple of others. Overall the assessment was pretty easy, 1 major essay worth 40%, tutorial participation and "research" work worth 10% each and an open book exam. Im not sure if that will be the same for this year though because apparently a different person is running it. I enjoyed it though. I cant comment on LNGS1002 because I havent done it.

iluvGG

HSC
i haven't done either subject so i can't really help you with which would be better.
but i did LNGS1001 this semester and it was great. the lectures were recorded as well, so i would assume LNGS1002 lectures are recorded because its the same lecturer and everything :)

SarahY11

HSC
I did SCLG 1002 last year and it was pretty interesting and not really stressful at all. The topics were celebrity, community, identity and a couple of others. Overall the assessment was pretty easy, 1 major essay worth 40%, tutorial participation and "research" work worth 10% each and an open book exam. Im not sure if that will be the same for this year though because apparently a different person is running it. I enjoyed it though. I cant comment on LNGS1002 because I havent done it.
were the lectures recorded for sociology?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)