Llb 110 Case (1 Viewer)

suz

HSC
Hey all, this is gonna sound heapzzzz stupid but could someone please explain the Brandy case to me cause I looked it up on the net and maybe I misunderstood but in one article I understood that the High court still made sure the apologies were done and that the money was paid
BUT
reading something else I understood that this wasn't the case

Can someone please explain, it is driving me nuts and I am beginning to seriously doubt my ability to study law

HELP PLEASE
I'M DESPERATE

santaslayer

HSC
Brandy case?.....do u mean the McBain Vs Vic and Others(2000) for LLB100 or the Mabo case for LLB110???
or did i miss a case reading?

suz

HSC
For LLB 110 we have an assignment due next week based on this case

misskitty2058

Yaaaaarrrrr!!
HSC
Suz I'm not sure if Brandy was still made to pay and apologise, it doesn't state that it the case so maybe we don't have to mention it! I just said the outcome was the provisions set out in the Racial discrimination were contray to chpt 3 of the constitutuion.

HSC
Santaslayer: The assignment is for llb110, which has no lectures. You would have been told about it in your llb110 computer lab.

The full name/case can be found in week 4 of your LLB100 readings.

HSC
Ok i have done a little bit of reading since my last post. What i gather is that HREOC cannot enforce its decision even though it was lodged with the federal court. the high court found that due to the seperation of powers the decision cannot be enforced... so i am guessing brandy didnt have to pay anything in the end...

suz

HSC
Thankyou so much everyone for translating it for me lol
I will attempt to write about it now lol
Thanks again all...

suz

HSC
Yeah I know basically my two answers are much the same except 3 is in more detail and explains
Basically I think is two fair- based on the question posed to the court
And 3 is a more forget about the legal aspect, do you think it is fair, what's your view
me thinks anyway....

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
All you really have to include is that the high court came to the decision that it was invalid cos it contradicted the constitution. 300 words sucks monkies!

spark

Done done done!! Yeah it wasn't really that hard... alot of repetitious rambling on my part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)