LL Cool J - Todd Smith (1 Viewer)

illmatic

NaS
HSC
just copped the advance copy of Cool J's new album, Todd Smith. on the whole i find it quite enjoyable and soothing. Cool J is definitely "Ladies Love" throughout this whole album, and some might find that off putting, but i actually enjoy these love-song, romantic tracks.

still have to respect the fact that LL, for 20 years, has managed to stay relevent, continously putting out albums and keeping his name out there. Still i dont see the point in him making "hard" tracks anymore - he's proved himself within these 20 years.. as in, he's proved that he can lyrically molest anyone in a conflict, can deliver heated rhymes etc.

some sexy tracks. loving the So Sick remix

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
the advance copy??? do you need the retail dude i got the link if u want.

im lovin 'down the aisle' it samples an old alexander o'neil song who is one of the all time greatest soul artists, so you already know its good...and it features 112.

all in all i like the album but the hook for 'preserve the sexy' is just fucking stupid, but teairri mari does sound fkn hot, god damn i want her.

the song with mary mary is the best track, i still think he should of had a balance between 'hip hop/rap' and 'R&B/rap' he only had that track with freeway and juelz, and they both aren't that memorable.

'down the aisle' is the best song on the album though

LL still got it.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
is the so sick remix better than the one with jin?

and dont give me shit that that remix is crap.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
FUC OFF MATE... jins mix is wayyyy better than that jayz or geeze one... those sound shit.... and geeze does like 10 verses.

whys the album called todd smith. dont tell me thats his real name. that aint gangsta

Monstar

HSC
^^ yeah its his real name.

Old school LL was the best.. i love that hardcore, battle rap style. He needs to go back to that, enough of that soft shit

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Orange Juice said:
FUC OFF MATE... jins mix is wayyyy better than that jayz or geeze one... those sound shit.... and geeze does like 10 verses.

whys the album called todd smith. dont tell me thats his real name. that aint gangsta

jay-z one? u mean LL Cool J one.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
nah i mean jayz one. not sure if its official sounds pretty shotty though.

todd smith isnt gangsta. it was like when i figured out rkelly was named robert. damn, my dreams come tumbling down.

i cant believe ll is still making music. i first heard him when i was in year 6 which was like 10 years ago.

illmatic

NaS
HSC
ok im kinda over this album already. has hardly any replay value @ all. think he just realeased this shit to hype up his clothing line. doesnt sound like a great effort. the sexy tracks jsut get sour nd boring after a few listens.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i love love love his song "control myself" with j-lo

so catchy...really goooood

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i think i downloaded that tape actually quite awhile ago, just for:

16 - Naturally Smooth feat. T.I. – Pimpin

but realised it was just that freestyle T.I did AGES ago over 'tipsy' blended into a stupid song....fuck they use that verse TOO FUCKING MUCH and i get ripped off everytime thinking its some official song

anyway trust man you dont want it, that mixtape sucked ass, deleted it straight away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)