Living off-campus in Bathurst (1 Viewer)

Matt Samson

HSC
Hello,
Are there any students who are coming to Bathurst and have already decided they want to live off-campus rather than in the dorms?

I am just interested considering the fact that I am one of the 13 people who will be looking after those who do live in town.

goobabanasik

person
HSC
gday matt,

Myself (andrew) and my girlfriend (emma) are moving up to bathurst next year.

i finished the hsc last year and took the year off. i decided to apply mid year this year (b of justice studies (policing) to get a head start in some uni study. i found DE very frustrating so i then applied to transfer to on campus commencing semester one 2008 and was succesful.

My girlfriend just finished the hsc and has applied b of nursing early entry and it is also her first preferance. her following preferances are clinical studies and other health related degrees.

We are very interested in the proposed off campus program for first years.

A few questions i have..

Am i considered a first year?? As i have only completed one subject and it was mid year DE??

will there be study link and other similar programs next year?? eg sss002 or whatever the code is.

Do you know the date when my gf will find out about early entry??

In your opinion, when would be the best time to move to bathurst?? early jan? feb?

thanks in advance,

Andrew and Emma

Matt Samson

HSC
You're still first year because you have only been enrolled for six months. If I were you I would still turn up to O-Week, and even turn up to your course sessions. While you might not have to fill in any paper work, it will be good to sit in and get used to being an internal student.

There are always studylink courses, but I am unsure what ones are available.

I am unsure about when UAC processes course applications.

And finally, the best time to move to Bathurst would be about three weeks before semester one starts. This way you'll get first picks at the best rentals available and also the best prices. Also gives you time to get settled in and used to Bathurst meaning you can enjoy O-Week.

Matt Samson

HSC
I just had a look and UAC will release early round offers on Wed 5 December 2007.

Although very few early round offers are given out. Some universities (faculties) don't even give out early round offers. So if your girlfriend doesn't get an early round offer, she shouldn't be disappointed.

And actually, if she applied for nursing, she is almost 100% guaranteed a spot if she did reasonably well in the HSC (because they always have trouble filling nursing courses, more spots than applicants).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)