living near mq (1 Viewer)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
couldnt find anything on the first 3 pages, so i decided to make a new thread

my bf and i are looking to rent a place in the mq area - he'll be working in chatswood and i'll be at tafe, then go on to mq or acu in 2nd session. does anyone know of any good message boards or other places where we can find out about/look into renting with someone (probably mq peoples)?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I know you can search Domain.com.au or realestate.com.au under 'share', or just check around campus because there are always stacks of ad's up around the place. There dont seem to be many places around for sharing at the moment though; I work with a girl who is looking for a place around campus and its all about $250+ a week for one bedroom and shared bathroom... and often with someone renting out the lounge!

Alternatively, depending on your combined income, you could rent a one-bedder around the place. If you check realestate.com.au there are sometimes some cheapish places around, like $140 per week (plus utilities quarterly).

Good luck! :)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if you (or anyone else) do see anything around campus, post it in here...we're down in the gong so we cant really check that out. i'll check online, but i think there might be better/more places around campus than online

i dont think we'll have enough money to get a 1 bedder, espically when we're starting out.....plus, it's more fun to live with someone else!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
alby said:
i think there might be better/more places around campus than online
If you mean the posters people put up around uni... from what I've seen since moving out, I think we've got a much better deal (I'm the other half of MaryJane's fortnightly rent payments), personally. Also, I'd guess at least 40% are written in Chinese/Japanese/other languages/hieroglyphs, which is an obvious barrier, at times.

A girl I work with pays less for being in a share-house, but got the raw end of the deal sharing (everyone else, for the same rent, has ensuites and bigger rooms; she's got the "public" bathroom, and a smaller room). It's to be expected, I suppose, and it's your choice, but it's something to be aware of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)