live! open day (1 Viewer)

cimbom

HSC
I HATE that it's on the same day as UTS's open day!!! All the lectures I want to go to clash, it's not as if i can even go half- half :( .

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i'll be in the pnr building in one of the drawing rooms probly
look for my team in yellow shirts
they are personalised so look out for my name -> Andrew :)

P

pLuvia

is it worth going to this open day thingy?? like my friend is planning on going to the UNSW one this saturday, i want to go, but ill be there too late.. tutor~~ like what do u actually do there?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
thanks man, but i think i shall be pushing it to make it home alive, i've gotta work Sun too at my normal job, but i'll see how i feel!
Good luck with the randoms! practice your dissapproving frown! See ya on sat... mmmm, crossiants... mmmm.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Is there an info block place where i can grab information packages?

I can't make it into the mini lectures :vcross:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Eagles said:
Is there an info block place where i can grab information packages?

I can't make it into the mini lectures :vcross:

Yes, you can go into the Great Hall and Maclaurin Hall (in the main Quadrangle - the big sandstone building) at any time and speak to advisors from all of the different faculties, pick up brochures on the courses we offer etc etc etc. You can also get info on scholarships, accomodation, the Union, international students, HECS and fee paying etc.

There will be signs everywhere to direct you, and heaps of people around (like me!) to ask for help too.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
i'll be in the pnr building in one of the drawing rooms probly
look for my team in yellow shirts
they are personalised so look out for my name -> Andrew :)
I'll be there too, stealing food and laughing at the adv eng people.

PrettyNoose

HSC
yeah I'm going to get free stuff and eat sausages and going into the research section of fisher to make a lot of noise and annoy people maybe

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
yay we made it into the official programme:

Advanced Engineering Projects - Take a look at the advanced engineering projects in the PNR foyer between 11.00am and 12.30pm. You will have the opportunity to speak to first year students and find out which projects they are currently working on.

zkuld

newblet
HSC
kadlil said:
is it worth going to this open day thingy?? like my friend is planning on going to the UNSW one this saturday, i want to go, but ill be there too late.. tutor~~ like what do u actually do there?
It's worth it if you have an idea of what you want to do in uni. There's not much point in going otherwise, unless it's for the free stuff or random save-for-later information booklets. I went there last year and it was pretty good, but then again, I had nothing to do anyway. The UNSW open day is on next Saturday btw.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
meh i went... went to engo faculty as well... tho didn't really know any one o_O

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I went, and I thought that open day was headache inducing. The Arts History lecture sounded like a pirate, she put so much emph-arse-iz on the wrong syll-apple, that all I could hear was argh, argh, argh. She also had no information about the subject that a dodo couldn't puzzle out. And the Liberal Studies session was a load of poop - he basically restated the names of the degree. And then there was the period that I was geographically challenged(not lost!) and pretty much ended up walking around the entire uni in a circle because of my inability to orient myself, resulting in me wearing a hole into my shoe - then in Linguistics there was an 00ber cool lecturer who talked about language construction, it totally got me interested unfortunately the English lecturer came on after and she was muchly boring. And all I came away with was a bag. And sore feet.
And you should have gone Jhakka! *shakes fist* You could have pre-empted me being geographically challenged!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)