little help please (1 Viewer)

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
my brother installed these new programs on the pc yesterday for his new digi cam, and now for some reason my computer refuses to acknowledge my two cd rom drives, like if i open my computer it says i only have c and a drives. but when i go into devices manager it says d and e are still there. how do i access them? it sucks cos i have this cd of pictures i want to look at and i cant

Winston

HSC
i've encountered this problem before, basically it's the CD-ROM driver's being corrupted, try updating the drivers in device manager, also try removing the devices from Device Manager and reboot and let it re-detect it, and also you could try windows update and update it, and also try system restore.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yeah i've tried updating the devices. im just hesitant to do anything else in fear of losing the whole drive, this isn't exactly my forte. thanks anyway though

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
ok yeah my sony d drive isnt even recognised, and the e drive is recognised but it says the driver has been corrupted. so i tried to install a secondary (filo?) driver but it didnt want to

Winston

HSC
ah corrupted yeah, that seems like the main case, you using XP? try a system restore. and restore to the point where your brother had not installed the new programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)