Little Adolf Hitler seized from parents (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Beating up someone because of their name makes you hateful and prejudiced.

Which ironically is why people dislike the name so much for.
I think people are more angry at the parents than the kid. I'd be happy to have little Adolf over to my house for my dinner, but his parents would be shot on sight ;)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
^^ >.> Maybe you should study history. World War 2 started in Europe because of German expansionism and the final straw of the invasion of Poland. Don't even fucking try to say that another country started that shit bro. Think of the evil people in the world, the majority of them have non-English language names. Why the hell should parents give their child a foreign name of a despot deliberately. Calling your kid Adolf Hitler is as bad as calling them Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin or Genghis Kahn.
WW2 was inevitable.

nisseltaria

HSC
Uuuuh I think that naming your kid after a random noun is slightly better than naming them after a man who started the most bloody war in human history and committed the worst atrocity in human history through the holocaust. I think you're being ignorant. Germans don't call their kids Adolf any more (which was a relatively common name pre-WWII) because of the social stigma. This might be understandable if they were Germans giving their kid the first name Adolf (but adding the Hitler is unacceptable), but they're not, they're just Nazi sympathising assholes.
Same in Switzerland. Walk through any graveyard and you'll see plenty of Adolph's born before the 40's and NONE AT ALL born later, and living people with that name are rare as hen's teeth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)