Listen To The Silence. (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Wow Gregor...have you gotten anything BESIDES a HD on your assessments yet? How did you go on the philosophy essays, if you don't mind me asking?
I actually have got marks lower than HD.. Got 80 for that philosophy assessment, so a D there, and keep getting 74 for my Medieval tutorial exercises...So not everything is HD.

How are you going?

malayz_angel

Well I've only gotten a couple of assessments back actually, I got 87 for a tute paper and I got 74 as an average for the philosophy essays. I was quite relieved with the 74 though, considering that I wrote both essays in a maximum of about three hours...including reading up on Rousseau, Locke and Hobbes at the time. :D

Left-ism

HSC
its quiet cos arts students arent geeky enough to be obsessed with internet forums

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
he says nerd like he fell asleep on the keyboard ;)

I really shouldnt hang around here so much... im only a "prospective" arts student

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
yeah I come here at least once a week and just stare glumly at the boring/empty -ness of it and then leave. you would think arts students would be a little more creative instead of nerdy or simply absent.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by soiled_poncho
Well seeings as it's nice and quite here, what's the difference between a general arts adegree and arts advanced?
The main differences;

1.)Prestige.
2.)Higher UAI requirement. (The difference is quite immense. At USyd, something like 86.3 for a standard BA, and 98.35 for a BA Advanced. However, you can transfer provided you maintain a credit average.)
3.)First year flexibility. (The main benefit of this degree is that a large amount of qualifications are removed, so you can do second-year units first-year, and so-forth.)

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Btw just a quick note here, if u wanna transfer first yr into a adv arts degree u need to have a distinction ave at least (not a credit, ppl in adv have to maintian a credit average) and it requires a letter to teh department which explains why u wanna transfer into that degree!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
well that certainly wont help u....cos well they didnt even have an advanced arts course then, theres a link at the usyd home site (www.usyd.edu.au) where theyll take your info and send u a copy of last yr
(as in teh one i have) arts handbook....or just got to teh open day (much fun open day, plus they feed u..provided u like crossaints and juice )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)