Links ~ Careers in Drama/Theatre (1 Viewer)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Just thought I might share a few links of mine for careers in Theatre/Drama. Most are acting schools, some offer technical production, playwrighting courses. They're divided into the Country that they're in...
The Australian Links are just general links to the major drama schools. Many universities in Australia offer Performing Arts courses including University of Melbourne (Bach. Creative Arts/3yrs fulltime), University of Wollongong, Charles Sturt Uni - Wagga, Monash University, University of Western Sydney and Victoria Uni of Technology. If anyone wants info on the mentioned courses, PM me. There are too many to post links to.

Submit yours under mine!

Australia (Acting and Technical)
National Institute of Dramatic Arts - Acting, Design, Technical Production and more.
Actors Centre Australia - Trying to challenge NIDA, something tells me they're not near...
Victorian College of the Arts - Production, Acting, Film & TV
The Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts - Tonnes of Courses!
Drama with a Difference - I cannot recommend these guys after doing a few of their short courses, but I thought I'd post it anyway...
ACTT : I stumbled across it trying to find the Actors Centre in New York. A bit stodgy looking...
Australian Theatre For Young People - Lots of Good stuff
St Martin's Youth Arts Centre - Might be in Melbourne, but you can find the mexican in you can't you?

England - Acting and tech
Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts - Oooo, it has a royal affiliation!!
Guildhall School of Music and Drama

Conference of British Drama Schools - The leading 21 drama schools of Britain

USA
The Juillard School (Drama, Music, Dance, Tech, Playwriting) - Very Prestigious school in NY
Yale School of Drama - Got money? Go to USA. Otherwise, you're stuffed... :(

Good Luck fellow Thespians and Techies...!

Last edited:

roxy_malibu

HSC
Hey Skillo
I guess you're the person who won the hothouse poster comp. I'm new to the forum and cant get anywun to answer my thread.
Can you help me with promo and program stuff?
thnx
roxy_malibu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)