• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Linkage to English (1 Viewer)

Girlfriend

HSC
N/A
can the mw be an extension of the preliminary english extension 1 module? or does it have to be from the HSC course?

holden4ever89

HSC
I found this in one of the Reflection Statement post, if you are still unsure exactly what to do with the invisible 'sixth dot point' then you should probably check them out:

The student is to show that the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in the English (Advanced) and (Extension) courses has been extended and refined in the Major Work.

Now that sounds nasty, heck it even looks nasty - but its not. You basically have to acknowledge how your work has extended ideas you've been exposed to in Advanced and Extension 1 in both preliminary and HSC years. Given that you've probably been exposed to 8 different modules of English you have a wide range of topics that you could discuss but you probably only need focus on one area and make those links. Hopefully though, the links you make will be more substantial than 'Ext 1 taught me how much I love writing' (and while that sounds like a given, people have used that as a link:/). And thats probably it for that.

jimmayyy

HSC
and if all else fails, anything can be an imaginative journey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)