Linguistics (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does anyone of yous do linguistics 2nd year or know anyone who does?
I need some help.

ND

HSC
My girlfriend does it, but i don't think that she'd be of much help.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
zaijan_85 said:
I need some help.
It'd be so easy to be cynical/sarcastic about the lack of grammar of this post, given the area of help being requested, don't you think?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
zaijan_85 said:
I need some help.
Sorry Herbet, I had a friend who did it last year as an elective but i doubt she'de be much help to you. I don't think anyone on BOS does linguistics... we're all greedy business/media/law/psychology/maths majors

I soo wish i had chosen it as an elective in first year though blregh!

Your best bet is to ask cro_angel i know she does languages... maybe she does linguistics too?

Good luck hun!

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I did LING120 last semester....yuck. Never. Going. There. Again. They managed to reduce something as powerful as language to formulas and rigid definitions.

Clairegirl- don't regret not doing it. Take my word as a fellow Claire, lol. Especially one who spells her name the same (correct) way.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
cpjeeves said:
I did LING120 last semester....yuck. Never. Going. There. Again. They managed to reduce something as powerful as language to formulas and rigid definitions.

Clairegirl- don't regret not doing it. Take my word as a fellow Claire, lol. Especially one who spells her name the same (correct) way.
That sounds awsome, we did abit of linguistics in cognitive psychology seemed very interesting... is this right cpjeeves? u learn stuff like what happens cognitively to ur brain and how n why we read out words such as steak Vs Stake.. the same in terms of the brain n all that?

Hehehe claire my name is actually Anne :p... growing up i always wished i had a cooler name and the name claire has always been that "cooler name" for me lol

rhapsody11

HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
It'd be so easy to be cynical/sarcastic about the lack of grammar of this post, given the area of help being requested, don't you think?
Omg. I just got kicked out of bos: 'we only need one smartass around, thanks.'

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Wasn't meaning to be too smartassish, was just being... well... Smartassish, I suppose.

To contribute somewhat constructively, linguistics was on my UAC preference/gambling list when I was applying for uni. Definetly an interesting area, in my opinion -- from what I gathered late year 12, anyway; just didn't seem to fit as nicely with a business degree as a psych one did.. Apologies I can only offer smartass comments instead of help, though! ;)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol im so slow
:rofl:

LOL i said "yous" before not just on net either... to actual people in my tute they probably thought i was a complete idiot... so embarassing i was like "GO YOU'S! GOOD THINGS!" *cringe*

Last edited:

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
That sounds awsome, we did abit of linguistics in cognitive psychology seemed very interesting... is this right cpjeeves? u learn stuff like what happens cognitively to ur brain and how n why we read out words such as steak Vs Stake.. the same in terms of the brain n all that?

Hehehe claire my name is actually Anne :p... growing up i always wished i had a cooler name and the name claire has always been that "cooler name" for me lol
Actually, the unit I did was more about deconstructing a sentence into several different components, it was pretty dry. I wish it'd been more like what you described, that sounds interesting.

And kinda off-topic but anyways..heh. Claire's my middle name officially but I've been called Claire by everyone since I was a baby. Weird. I'm not sure why my parents thought that was a good idea.

HSC
LOL thanks anneh and others for your help :)
except for the 2 smartasses :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)