Line of best fit in graphs (1 Viewer)

plasticities

HSC
im confused as to when your supposed to use line of best when drawing a graph in science. in my trials i got marked down 1 for not drawing it, but when i did a practice test the answer didnt have one.

my previous teachers havnt even mentioned it so i only learnt abou it this year.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
it should say so in the questoin
i'd recommend doing it no matter what(no negative marking even if you do it when not asked)

Last edited:

freedragon

HSC
you draw it whenever there is no distinct line or curve. when you draw it try to get the same number of dots above and below the line or do it so that the line is like an average....

i think

lol this is what my sci teacher tld us but then again... i dont always pay attention :p

xxxxxxx[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

salih08

HSC
Line of best fit is there in science so that there are not more than one gradients. First plot all the X s on the graph, then see whether a line is more apppropiate or a curve. try to draw the line/curve in a way that it goes through most points but not necessarily all. for a curve, go smoothly in one direction and dont make it go up/down to fast.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I usually put in a line of best fit "area" and have the furthest spread of trend. As said above, the school certificate will ask you to put one in there anyway + I doubt it will :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)