• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Limited HSC & How it would work? (1 Viewer)

random boy

HSC
So ive just sat my year 10 certificate and have been accepted into doing Pthways for my HSC at TAFE next year. I like the idea better than the school environment but thats a whole other story. Basically how pathways work is i do a limited number of subject that equal double the units but i do both prelim and year 12 in the one. So im doing three subjects each year for 2 years which equal what i need to be able to get a full HSC.

But lets say at the end of next year i sit my three (3) HSC exams and receive a limited HSC, Does this still count as recieving an HSC? Will i be able to not continue and put down on a resume as having received tha HSC? Im aware that i would'nt have recieved an ATAR so won't be able to go to UNI but yeah? Will TAFE courses and other institutions not wanting an ATAR but requiring an HSC accept me?

HSC
If I'm understanding it correctly, you're doing three subjects prelim and hsc in one year, correct.

So the idea of that is that if you want a full HSC, you need to do it over two years. So three subjects (prelim and hsc) over two years gives you 12 units = hsc. You wouldn't receive the hsc until you'd done all of the units, so perhaps you'd get a statement of attainment instead.

You should then get an ATAR (if eligible) once you'd done those two years.

Am I even making sense?

random boy

HSC
Yeah im following you and youre following me :) I see what you mean, i will not be receiveing an HSC at all till i do my time :) And yeah i am going for an ATAR because i have the option too.

Thanks for the reply :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)