Lil Help from a past HSC Question. (1 Viewer)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
Q20. from 2005 HSC Chem paper

" The flow chart shows a series of steps involved in the production of ethyl butanoate.

Glucose -> Mixture containing ethanol -> pure ethanol -> ethyl butanoate

Describe the chemistry and procedure involved in each of these steps, using diagrams where appropriate. "

i dunnooo wwwwwwwtf is the Q. on about =[
and its worth 7 marks and i looked in the answers and itss like wttf and wayyy to much for 7 marks - more lyk a mini essai.

help =D

yeeshu

HSC
tehsky said:
Q20. from 2005 HSC Chem paper

" The flow chart shows a series of steps involved in the production of ethyl butanoate.

Glucose -> Mixture containing ethanol -> pure ethanol -> ethyl butanoate

Describe the chemistry and procedure involved in each of these steps, using diagrams where appropriate. "

i dunnooo wwwwwwwtf is the Q. on about =[
and its worth 7 marks and i looked in the answers and itss like wttf and wayyy to much for 7 marks - more lyk a mini essai.

help =D
it is a mini essay mate

basically answer what the questions asks this is what i would do

describe fermentation the first step...and diagram = conical flask with labelled contents

2nd step is distillation...talk about differing boiling points...no diagrams

last 1 describe esterification and talk about reactants and catalysts....and diagram with the refulxuing aparatus...i seriously cant be fcukked typing properly lol so sorry for the spelling...

but yeh brifley desicribe the processes...2 diagrams....throw in equations ans ur set for 6/7 marks :)

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
i need more space lol ;p

btw anyone know if i can find standards for this question? id like to see how its done; or examples to be more honest =p

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
yeeshu said:
it is a mini essay mate

basically answer what the questions asks this is what i would do

describe fermentation the first step...and diagram = conical flask with labelled contents

2nd step is distillation...talk about differing boiling points...no diagrams

last 1 describe esterification and talk about reactants and catalysts....and diagram with the refulxuing aparatus...i seriously cant be fcukked typing properly lol so sorry for the spelling...

but yeh brifley desicribe the processes...2 diagrams....throw in equations ans ur set for 6/7 marks :)
yer what he said... luckily they asked that recently... i dont think they will ask to write the fractional distillation setup again... i hope ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)