Likes/Dislikes about UNSW (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But at the expense of having a 40K debt per year....
Hmm, hadn't considered that. True, true...

Anyway, it's $715, including the use of the pool and everything around the gym. It's not that bad imo, and whats more is that the ppl there are quite good to be with (Y)
But what if I just want to gym it up.

Before they just had a gym package and now they included everything <_<

i'll just stick to running up and down the steps to tone my aesthetics

NBGHHS

HSC
So i live in blacktown. I'm peppering my angus right now.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
9CP of MATH at USyd counts for 12CP at UNSW. And 12CP counts for 18.
A standard first year USyd subject counts for an advanced second year UNSW subject.

Dislikes:
When you ask them to count the harder subject for an easier one that is a prerequisite for everything they don't listen multiple times.

kennyb22

HSC
Haven't even started but already got my jimmies rustled.

Went to get my Student ID created, they asked to see my drivers license and immediately rejected me and said my name on the systems didn't include my middle name. So off I went to the student center to fill in the form and guess what they say...
"Our computers aren't working at the moment, we'll finish your request tomorrow."

Right because traveling to UNSW is completely free and only a short trip (sarcasm), now I have to go back just so I can get a photo taken and an ID card made (which takes 5 minutes top).

Welp, and I've never even used my middle name at any point, including Highschool & HSC but UNSW seem adamant I add it (for no good reason). Well it's been a shitty day and I'm off to sleep.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
When you ask them to count the harder subject for an easier one that is a prerequisite for everything they don't listen multiple times.
meilz had the same problem

Clearly because your Sydney subjects are inferior to the superior UNSW ones.

Went to get my Student ID created, they asked to see my drivers license and immediately rejected me and said my name on the systems didn't include my middle name. So off I went to the student center to fill in the form and guess what they say...
"Our computers aren't working at the moment, we'll finish your request tomorrow."

Right because traveling to UNSW is completely free and only a short trip (sarcasm), now I have to go back just so I can get a photo taken and an ID card made (which takes 5 minutes top).

Welp, and I've never even used my middle name at any point, including Highschool & HSC but UNSW seem adamant I add it (for no good reason). Well it's been a shitty day and I'm off to sleep.
The student ID card is the main thing they use to make sure someone else isn't sitting your exam for you. They have to be very specific and sure that the person who applies for the card is definitely the person who has to get it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
meilz had the same problem

Clearly because your Sydney subjects are inferior to the superior UNSW ones.
lol

It's a first year subject

But it's worth an advanced second year medsc subject

Clearly ~inferior~

And I only did 9CP of maths but it counts for MATH 1A and B at UNSW.

~inferior~

Regular physics counts for higher physics

~inferior~

inJust

HSC

Are you serious? Say when you finish your degree and your degree doesnt match up with your drivers license/birth cert/passport, then you're going to get more tedious problems down the track. But I do agree without that their system being down is stupid. But my friend had the same problem and he got it fixed in about 15 mins.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

LOL same shit happened to me last year

MiPh

HSC

Oh I had to wait like 20 minutes for my middle name to be entered. Then my card prints out and.... IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE MY MIDDLE NAME! My level of care is pretty minimal though.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC

Happened to me last year as well.

oyuck

HSC
- modern uni (although MacQ tops the list these days)
- wifi everywhere
- nice library
- most tutors are pretty awesome
- most lecturers are pretty good
- nice people/ great atmosphere
- fantastic O-Week

CONS
-Queues for the buses to uni
-No proper air con in the ASB
-Roundhouse smells weird at the best of times

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
- modern uni (although MacQ tops the list these days)
- wifi everywhere
- nice library
- most tutors are pretty awesome
- most lecturers are pretty good
- nice people/ great atmosphere
- fantastic O-Week

CONS
-Queues for the buses to uni
-No proper air con in the ASB
-Roundhouse smells weird at the best of times
That's the smell of beer, and good times partying intertwined. Get used to it. It's the smell... of uni life. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)