• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Life and love (1 Viewer)

Tegga

HSC
has any one been split between your family and your boyfriend?

katy-g

HSC
Man... Lahmeh ur annoying.

I can't say i've ever had to choose between. My parents have always kinda let me make my own choices and mistakes but they have always stressed their dislike or lack of support towards boys and the like...

I live with my Mum and she is a big talker and find anyone who is shy or slightly intraverted as rude because they don't participate in conversations to the extent she would like. So she never really liked my boyfriend cos he is just quiet around people he doesn't know REALLY well. So she never really liked me dating him, but never made me choose between her or him.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yeah, inter racial relationship, hello? lol...but yeah....in the end it's my life and they
ve accepted it cos they have no other choice.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Just make sure you approach your parents as an adult; being assertive, finding solutions, being patient with them, and understanding from their point of view.

If this doesn't help (and you should try for perhaps even years), then only you really know what is a rational decision between your family and your partner, being at what age and what situation.

For me, I'll say yes, I can definatley relate. I've basically emancipated myself from my parents.

Tegga

HSC
thanks for the help but i think i need to expand on the hole situation. my mother is very over controling about me and she is in my life if i want it or not. my boyfriend for 3 1/2 yrs has always been nice to her but she is always been realy bitchy towards him. i cant seen to fimd out y my mother dislikes him.:( he is very sweet and loves me very much. :)
:confused:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well you're nearly 18, so you should make your own decisions
3 and and a half years is a long time, and i wouldnt be surprised if you ended up marrying him
scenario is.....you have to be independent at some point, and if this is the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with then i wouldn't let anything deter me.....not even my own parents
but good luck anyways

zizou10-5

HSC
no but family's more imprtant, y cos u wouldn't be here wihtout dem, n u sucking urmums tits for a couple of yrs

zizou10-5

HSC
no but family's more imprtant, y cos u wouldn't be here wihtout dem, n u sucking urmums tits for a couple of yrs

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
zizou10-5 said:
A couple of years? Someone had a disturbing childhood.

zizou10-5

HSC
lol hehe u knwo what i mean, not exactly couple of years, i mean the 1st couple of years ur parents have to take pretty intensive care for ya, n u can never pay dem back no matter what u do. My parents haven't told me this, its just obvious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)