Licensing (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
How does licensing in Canberra work? I checked their RTA equivelant site and it says nothing about converting L or P licenses into the Canberra equivelant.

Last edited:

omg_a

HSC
im pretty sure you don't have to convert, if you still have an address/car registered in nsw, because you're not really living there (not voting act). the act P plate system is really different-you only have to display red p plates for a year i think, and there's no green plates. but when im in canberra i still use my greens, not sure if you actually have to.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
omg_a said:
im pretty sure you don't have to convert, if you still have an address/car registered in nsw, because you're not really living there (not voting act). the act P plate system is really different-you only have to display red p plates for a year i think, and there's no green plates. but when im in canberra i still use my greens, not sure if you actually have to.
I havent gotten my L's yet, (since I have to hold them for 6 months in NSW, I wont actually be able to take a test because Ill be at ANU by the time i qualify) so maybe ill register in the ACT then. :cool:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I rang the ACT motor registry. If you already have your NSW P1's then you can transfer over. If you hold green Ps then then they calculate the amount of time you have been driving and you have to spend the remainder of the 3 yrs on ACT red Ps. There is an upside. If you go for an extra test (if you hold green p's you might not have to) and held your P's for over 1 year you dont have to display them. Also there are no special speed limits for ACT P platers i.e. drive as fast as the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)