licenses! (1 Viewer)

zahri992

HSC
do you guys have your licenses? some people are really anti getting their licenses during year 12 but I think it's good!
i have my ls which I got ON my 16th birthday atm and am really eager to get my ps in a months time, but some of my friends aren't concerned with driving at all? what do u guys think?

Re_x_ources

HSC
I think it depends on:

a) How much you want to drive
b) How much you actually need to drive
c) How much "effort" you want to put into HSC.

Most people are against driving because the accumulated 120 hours seemingly takes time away from their HSC, but in actuality a lot more time is lost in other areas of their life. If you are that type of person, you could always opt to get your L's and 120 hours directly after HSC (provided you aren't going on holidays right after you graduate, which might as well be likely).

Also, if you are the type of person who would benefit a lot from driving rather than using public transport/walking, etc, then it would be a strong consideration. In my opinion, it really depends on how much you want to drive/need to drive. Don't get hindered just because your friends aren't interested yet. If you want to, go for it! There's nothing stopping you from achieving what you want to achieve.

MJRey

HSC
There really shouldn't be any rush. I'm still on my L's cause uni's been so hectic and don't have that many hours, and a lot of my older friends who are at uni are in the same boat.

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
There really shouldn't be any rush. I'm still on my L's cause uni's been so hectic and don't have that many hours, and a lot of my older friends who are at uni are in the same boat.

triangular

HSC
is there anyone here who doesn't have access to a car, and if so, how did you end up getting a license? (presumably driving lessons, but also they're acc so expensive to rely on for your entire 120 hours)

C_master

HSC
is there anyone here who doesn't have access to a car, and if so, how did you end up getting a license? (presumably driving lessons, but also they're acc so expensive to rely on for your entire 120 hours)
Im assuming most people have access to cars especially in Sydney..

nsw..wollongong

HSC
(presumably driving lessons, but also they're acc so expensive to rely on for your entire 120 hours)
that's why u fake some of ur hrs, doesn't rlly make a difference
also if ur driving with an instructor, there's 3-for-1 lessons so u can get 30 hrs done in 10, and there's a drivers safety course that's a few hrs but can add 30 hrs to ur logbook. so that's 60 hrs done, do some more in someone else's car and fake the rest of the hrs, u should be fine for the test

cossine

HSC
Hopefully you would have a parent that you can drive with. If not ask to drive with friend that has an unrestricted license. Otherwise there is the driving instructor. I think there are some programs you can take to increase your number of hours by large amount. "Driving instructor" is one the other is some educational program.
Edit
Miss nsw wollongong post. Just read that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)