library reservations (1 Viewer)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
I reserved a book, and just received the email saying that the book is ready to be picked up. However I have purchased this book and no longer need to borrow it from the library. Should I just ignore the email, or do I have to let the library know somehow, that I no longer need it?

Thanks

gman03

HSC
Just ignore it. But don't do it too often.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Is there a polite way to notify them? Or should I just borrow it and return it?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Oh and a quick qu gman, for the maple test in 1131/1141 can you do it at home?

HSC
I dont think you can do maple test at home. you can do maple assignment at home though.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Hmm, it says this on the maths site:

Once you have scored at least 5 out of 10 in any practice test, you will be given access to a one question test called "Declaration". This test asks if you have read the various policies the School and University have on tests and plagiarism, and contains a declaration about receiving assistance.

If you agree to this declaration then you will be given access to the Final Maple Test, and you will have a maximum of 3 attempts at it. The Final test is available until 11pm on Sunday the 23rd of April, but note that the School's labs are closed at weekends and no consultants are available over the Easter break (14th-23rd April).

gman03

HSC
If you are talking about the test in around week 12, then no you do it in red centre.

Like above said, assignment can be done at home.

I have no idea if they changed the format this year.

Sorry for continuing a changed topic.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
*bump* back on track

sikeveo said:
Is there a polite way to notify them? Or should I just borrow it and return it?
You could do that, or you could just tell them you no longer want it.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Yeah, a good way is to probably just drop into the library, so if it was from mycourse, just tell them that you don't need the book anymore, and they'll remove your reservation.

Phoning nsw library is a good way also :p

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
I'm in MATH1131.
Do we have to do that Maple test listed in the "evaluations" section? I know it says "assessment", but I didn't think it counted towards our final mark...

*cookie89*

HSC
I'd say tell them. Just because, it shits me to no end when there's a book I need and a) some selfish prick has it out and keeps it past the due date, and b) when there's a reserve queue, meaning I don't get access to the book until past when my essay's actually due. So just do the right thing and tell them. Unless there's heaps of the same book on shelf, someone might want/need it.

politik said:
Does the Library keep Fictious novels in its database?
It has a few, for people studying english. They'd be on level 4 - arts and soc sciences library.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
*cookie89* said:
I'd say tell them. Just because, it shits me to no end when there's a book I need and a) some selfish prick has it out and keeps it past the due date, and b) when there's a reserve queue, meaning I don't get access to the book until past when my essay's actually due. So just do the right thing and tell them. Unless there's heaps of the same book on shelf, someone might want/need it.
Start your assignments earlier?

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Trust me, no matter how early I start, there's always someone more eager than me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)