Liberal Studies??? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
WAT IS LIBERAL STUDIES??? i mean wat is the course abt???
are there ne special requirements???

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
It's like a glorified arts degree
or a watered down Arts/Science degree

The requirements are a major from Arts, a major from Science, compulsory mathematics/statstics and a compulsory language other than english

SoFTuaRiaL

minai knows it all :rolleyes:
u dont even do a course which has anything to do with liberal studies
all these days, i thought a liberal studies course gave u the liberty to do any subject u want and still get a degree !!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Da Monstar
all these days, i thought a liberal studies course gave u the liberty to do any subject u want and still get a degree !!
hahaha

well, I was considering this degree last yr, hence why I know about it

Generator

HSC
N/A
That'd be a good degree to take, Twintip. Get the qualifications for a decent career, and learn about something that's interesting, or learn a language that may help you later.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Generator
That'd be a good degree to take, Twintip. Get the qualifications for a decent career, and learn about something that's interesting, or learn a language that may help you later.
The problem is seeing if you can actually get useful qualifications out of lib studies - which is why I think lib studies prgrams are better off in high school. It's great if you have the time and money though :).

pri

HSC
N/A
its not thaaat bad if u do the right majors, like say u did psych aaand some arts major like ..dunno.. but something else, u would have the qualifications for psych and something else, plus u get to travel overseas.

Im considering it but I doubt Ill get it, that or its been sold too well to me, and Im going to find its been hyped too much. (the usyd ppl reaally sold it to my skool)

Generator

HSC
N/A
I meant the Commerce (Liberal Studies) degree, not Liberal Studies by itself.
I almost took that course (Liberal Studies), although I realised that two degrees in a BSc/BA would be much better. But then again, two majors and a language component make it a better option than a plain arts degree.

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Actually, I think it's more like the "General Mix" Course where you can chose across a wider spectrum and still gain recognition.

sif not 99

im in commerce (liberal studies), not a bad degree really since u only have to do 2 sci subjects ( u can do BS sci subjects like psych or history and philosophy of science if u want) and 4 arts subjects which can include stuff like govt. and international relations from the eco and biz faculty anyway to count for your arts units. Im thinking of maybe doing three commerce majors (yes i know only two will be on testumur (however u spell that) ) It not really like liberal studies really just a broad commerce degree in four years which allows u more time to pursue interests. It isnt as relevant as it once was since under commerce at usyd u can do a major outside of faculty now. Although it does allow you to do two "useful" majors plus perhaps less career relevant interest subjects at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)