Level of maths in Psychology? (1 Viewer)

Ball_man

HSC
hey just got a few questions any links would be great aswell:

1. is the maths is for first year pyschology?
2.is it true general maths is insufficient?
3. do we learn maths only in the first year of this course?

Thanks alot.

Tim035

HSC
I wasn't aware of it really requiring any maths.

Most likely there is some statistics involved in data analysis, which may mean you would benifit from taking statistics for life sciences in first year.

I'll ask some friends doing psychology majors though to give a more definite answer. Who told you general maths would be insufficient though?

HSC
Psychology uses a lot of statistical analysis. I think it only touches on it at the end of second semester of first year, and gets properly into it once you begin second year.

I don't think high school maths courses are prerequisites, it just indicates your level of mathematical proficiency; so if you only took general maths it could mean you will have some trouble. I don't think you should be worried about it though.

Ball_man

HSC
I wasn't aware of it really requiring any maths.

Most likely there is some statistics involved in data analysis, which may mean you would benifit from taking statistics for life sciences in first year.

I'll ask some friends doing psychology majors though to give a more definite answer. Who told you general maths would be insufficient though?
I heard just rumours because Psychology...i dont really think you need 2 unit or 4 unit maths...i thought it was more of statistics and stuff...and yeah i'm like totally crap in maths i know the basics only but yeah we dont do maths in pyschology do we?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)