LEUNIG cartoon let it go (1 Viewer)

litsaki

HSC
hey,, i was wondering if anyone could help me with techniques of this cartoon,.. im finding it hard to analyse this cartoon

thanx much appreciated

ellen.louise

HSC
litsaki said:
hey,, i was wondering if anyone could help me with techniques of this cartoon,.. im finding it hard to analyse this cartoon

thanx much appreciated
Give us a copy and we can help (Link please...)

celery

HSC

N.B. The following are only my interpretations...so don't take it as the only way of seeing this cartoon...ive tried my best to use solid evidence to back it up.

technique: repetition/choice of words
evidence: "let it..."
how is it utilised: 'let' has a positive connotation, by repeating it it emphasises the positive perspective of 'journey' and the idea of following ones desire its trying to portray in this cartoon.

technique: imagery/symbolism
evidence: the long piece of string (whatever that is)
how is it utilised: symbolises the inner thoughts flowing freely out of that little man's head on which he follows. In other words he is journeying independently.
ALSO, the string/path appears to be very smooth, so it may symbolise how easy a journey can be when you follow your personal desire.

technique: choice of words
evidence: "go", "out", "unravel", "free"
how is it utilised: all these words have the connotations of 'freedom', 'breaking away' etc...by using these words it suggests that 'journey' is about freeing oneself from any sort of restraints/boundaries.

technique: contrast
evidence: dark background vs. bright foreground
how is it utilised: the bright foreground (little man with his path) suggests hope and positive-ness in the process of 'journey'.
The dark background (night sky) suggests the mysterious and unkown possiblities outside ones knowledge.
SO - although its all happy and ladeda following ones desire when journeying, there ARE many other paths one can take and its all vague to the traveller, so journey is both positive AND negative in a way.

right..thats all i could get out of this cartoon...there are some more but they were too far-fetched...better to stay on track than being TOO creative...goodluck with your analysis!

Mohil

HSC
also addition to celery:

the use of anaphora in the repetition of the phrase 'let it'
the use of rhyme for emphasis of the inner journey - 'unravel...travel''
baroness of landscape juxtaposed with the abundance of thoughts - possibly presents the complexity of thoughts

larissa-maree

HSC
wow!
i was jus looking around for help with this cartoon.
celery you are a massive help and they r heaps good techniques.
ur obviously heaps good at english.
and also mohil...whats anaphora??

ccc123

HSC
celery said:
N.B. The following are only my interpretations...so don't take it as the only way of seeing this cartoon...ive tried my best to use solid evidence to back it up.

technique: repetition/choice of words
evidence: "let it..."
how is it utilised: 'let' has a positive connotation, by repeating it it emphasises the positive perspective of 'journey' and the idea of following ones desire its trying to portray in this cartoon.

technique: imagery/symbolism
evidence: the long piece of string (whatever that is)
how is it utilised: symbolises the inner thoughts flowing freely out of that little man's head on which he follows. In other words he is journeying independently.
ALSO, the string/path appears to be very smooth, so it may symbolise how easy a journey can be when you follow your personal desire.

technique: choice of words
evidence: "go", "out", "unravel", "free"
how is it utilised: all these words have the connotations of 'freedom', 'breaking away' etc...by using these words it suggests that 'journey' is about freeing oneself from any sort of restraints/boundaries.

technique: contrast
evidence: dark background vs. bright foreground
how is it utilised: the bright foreground (little man with his path) suggests hope and positive-ness in the process of 'journey'.
The dark background (night sky) suggests the mysterious and unkown possiblities outside ones knowledge.
SO - although its all happy and ladeda following ones desire when journeying, there ARE many other paths one can take and its all vague to the traveller, so journey is both positive AND negative in a way.

right..thats all i could get out of this cartoon...there are some more but they were too far-fetched...better to stay on track than being TOO creative...goodluck with your analysis!

Nice :)

icecoffee

HSC
I was going to use this text as a related material but i've heard that the markers are sick of it. Is this true and will it affect my marks?

jessikayo

HSC
the techniques i used were:

-Repetition
-Vector Lines
-colour scheme
-Creation of Movement
-Simplicity

i used these in my report. hope they help!

open windows

HSC
jessikayo said:
the techniques i used were:

-Repetition
-Vector Lines
-colour scheme
-Creation of Movement
-Simplicity

i used these in my report. hope they help!
Hi. I was wondering if you could tell me more about what vector lines are & what they do for an image. Thanks!

kendyl

HSC
hey, vector lines (abstract or actual) are lines that guide the viewers eyes to a certain place in the image. They can aid in the responders perception of an image.

coinbox3

HSC
for the leunig cartoon, what is it exactly about? I don't entirely understand. and what is its purpose?

never-mind

HSC
hey .. i had to study this cartoon as well .. although i had to study it through the concept of 'change' not 'journeys' ... and i had been having trouble trying to make sense of some of the techniques ... thanks celery for the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)