Letter (1 Viewer)

big al

Banned
what are the forms and features for a letter

in a practice paper i was doing it sked to write a leeter to the SMH expressing what i felt change was about

aspagarus

HSC
Ummm...

It has been a while but I'll tell you what I know (or think rather).

Features of a letter:
- Top right-hand corner there is simple address, date (make these up)
- Starts with a Dear , To or the like followed by a name.
- There is usually a paragraph of welcome/ introduction to the letter. Like: I discovered your address when researching (the topic) the other day. I am interested in knowing a little bit more about (the topic), and if you would be so kind I would like to ask you a series of question.
Obviously don't make it so direct and formal. Basically, you just have to write as if you are really interested in the topic or whatever.. Take on a character. Make it colloquial, or formal depending on the form specified. But just write as if you are speaking. It is heaps easier then you think.
- So you should carry on with the body. basically you can write an essay, provided you still remember that it is a letter.\
- End with a closing paragraph, thanking them for their time etc..
- End with Sincerely or the like and sign you name (most teachers just tell you to put a line or whatever instead of the name, but if it is important to what you have written, include it.)

I think that is basically it, except for spacing. Make sure you leave a line between the 'dear whoever' and the first paragraph, and spread out the stuff at the end..

Have fun.. there may be more to it, but that will give you a start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)