Letter from Art Express (1 Viewer)

bubu

yay i got into art express

i got a letter from BOS saying my artwork is goin to David Jones and Olympic park

anyone else got the letter

did anyone get one for goin on tour

i didnt get one of those but im happy all the same

wat do u get? a plaque?

i no theres a breakfast thingy but wat else

penciltron

HSC
LUCKY!!!

i got into some random place called gymea or something in the hazelhurst regional gallery...bah! i wish i was in the city :(

veavents

HSC
hey.... i got into exactly the same one, the hazelhurst regional gallery at gymea! The art gallery of nsw would have been really great.... but oh well, I'm still happy I actually got into something : )

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I got mine today.

I got into AGNSW and my work is also going on tour.

I am pretty stoked, I was expecting just a "Thanks, but you didn't make the final cut", then when I got the exact two that I have been dreaming about...I just didn't think I'd get in, so I am amazed and really happy. I guess it just suited the theme or whatever.

It is really gratifying to know that other appreciate my work.

w00tk0r.

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
a letter of happiness

hey.. i got a letter too, mine is going on tour, to newcastle, dubbo +tamworth..hooray, although i would've much preffered a spot in the AGNSW, ahh well.. i should be stoked, but with all that waiting and wondering i'm now kind of over it, yay though! So does all the people who got selected get into the art express magazine?
Congrats everybody! :)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Yeah, what is this breakfast?

I didn't get told of it in my letters...

echo

stop making sense
HSC
hey, i got my letter yesterday, was selected for agnsw, very very amazed and stoked, cant wait till the opening, gives me something to look forward to!

egronk, you had the bricks and wall themed bow? which was a sculpture yeah? interesting as artexpress at agnsw is usually known for not choosing many sculptural pieces, if any, and with two sculptural bow's already, i wonder if there will be anymore? but then again, they might not choose to show all of my pieces, (the whole 35 of them) i think 11 in which are 3d. but good to see that some 3d works are finally getting through! also what category was your bow under? not documented forms by any chance? cos thats what i entered my bow under, just curious.

also, there is no book for artexpress anymore, its since been replaced with the artexpress cd rom which was introduced this year or last year maybe, so yeah, no catalogue.

also not sure if i want to ask people who got in to post their works, should i wait and be amazed or get a sneak preview now?! lol, cyas and congrats to everyone

bubu

no book? wat a bummer

oh... the breakfast thing is for those who got selected by david jones

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I would like everyone who got in to post up their works in this thread, cuz i wont be going to every single one of the exhibits... only AGNSW.

kristie87

HSC
I got my letter today - I'm on the regional tour...
Good times.
Congrats to everyone else who got in!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
echo said:
hey, i got my letter yesterday, was selected for agnsw, very very amazed and stoked, cant wait till the opening, gives me something to look forward to!

egronk, you had the bricks and wall themed bow? which was a sculpture yeah? interesting as artexpress at agnsw is usually known for not choosing many sculptural pieces, if any, and with two sculptural bow's already, i wonder if there will be anymore? but then again, they might not choose to show all of my pieces, (the whole 35 of them) i think 11 in which are 3d. but good to see that some 3d works are finally getting through! also what category was your bow under? not documented forms by any chance? cos thats what i entered my bow under, just curious.

also, there is no book for artexpress anymore, its since been replaced with the artexpress cd rom which was introduced this year or last year maybe, so yeah, no catalogue.

also not sure if i want to ask people who got in to post their works, should i wait and be amazed or get a sneak preview now?! lol, cyas and congrats to everyone
well, cause it consisted of 144 photos which were stuck on the bricks, i put mine in under "photography/sculpture", but in the letter it just says 'photography', so i guess that is what they are labeling it. Having said that, it is hardly just photography, it is an installation, but i dunno, whatever, I have no real qualms with what they call it.

And unfortunately I never got photos of my completed work, the photos I put up here before was my incomplete work as the actually work included a globite suitcase that I had manipulated a little, and the finished piece included more bricks.

I look forward to meeting you at the opening!

Congrats to everyone,
Raph.

tanka

HSC
I got a letter, and my work is going on the regional tour to Newcastle, Tamworth and Dubbo.

I'm so stoked about it, but is it just me or did they select kids from regional areas for the regional tours?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
tanka said:
I got a letter, and my work is going on the regional tour to Newcastle, Tamworth and Dubbo.

I'm so stoked about it, but is it just me or did they select kids from regional areas for the regional tours?

Of the 85 people selected for regional tours, 65 are from regional areas.

ohleiohleiheho

HSC
tanka said:

WOOOOOOOOO Go tank!!!!!!!!!
xo

lucyb29

HSC
yeah they do send letter s out if you don't get in ... i got into agnsw ... oh dear my work's going to look a bit out of place .... lol!!!!!!!

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
ahhh so there was a 2nd letter i didn't read!

oh guys im sooo happy, my collection of works was chosen for both the david jones and regional tour, hiphiphoorah...so i can eat breakfast with some of you talented people.. ahh i ended up taking no photos of my artwork too.. bummer
anyway mine is based around the theme of homelessness in kingscross.
im now just wondering which peices they will exhibit because, i have a large sculpture and series of paintings.. im just fearing that if they take one of those out, it may not be as understandable.. oh well, whatever will be will be.
cheers people, and congrats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)