Less than two weeks till trials, help (1 Viewer)

Lethal Toxin

HSC
Hey guys, im less than two weeks away till trials and haven't studied a word from any textbooks, i was wondering how people can process so much useless information and be motivated to do it. Personally, i think the HSC is stupid, however my parents want a 70-80 atar and i dont want to let them down due to the amount of money they spent in enrolling me in a private school, but at the same time i cant force myself to memorize copious amounts of pointless information, especially in English and Biology. So i really need help in a way to get a 70-80 atar or if its even possible considering my current ranks of half yearlys which i wish to maintain. If its not viable, then how much work would i need to put in from now to the HSC to get that 70-80 atar.
9/15 --Biology
8/9 --Physics
4/18--Standard English
3/20--General Maths
5/12--Legal studies
School Rank --143

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

MrTammoth

HSC
You'll definately get you desired atar that you dream to achieve! Just gtfo bos now and study. I can't stop telling this to several people that this website is terribad, yes not just terrible but also bad. This site is full of lethal toxins and they like to crush your dreams and let you live in despair. My only advice to you is that is it seriously important that you start revising now and always think about the dreams you want to achieve as a motivation. I can almost see it.
That dream I'm dreaming, but
There's a voice inside my head saying
You'll never reach it
Every step I'm takin'
Every move I make
Feels lost with no direction,
My faith is shakin'
But I, I gotta keep tryin'
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down, but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it, but
These are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep goin',
And I, I gotta be strong
Just keep pushing on, 'cause

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
It's the climb

Yeah

Somebody's gonna have to lose
It's the climb

Yeah, yeah yeah

Keep on movin'
Keep climbin'
Keep the faith baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa, whoa, oh.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, you have trials (which weigh around 30-40% of your internal assessment mark for each sub usually --> not sure about your school) and the actual HSC.

You can improve your expected mark by HEAPS with strong performances in these two exam periods (the 2 most important ones basically).

What you possibly can do in 2 weeks for each subject...

Standard English

Paper 1 AoS - practise section 1 (it's not too difficult to get 15/15 for S1 for paper 1) - short answer comprehension, prepare a 'generic' belonging creative and prepare a belonging essay (then practise 'mentally' answering different questions).

Paper 2 Modules - start making/writing prepared essays + material. Practise 'mentally' answering different questions with your prepared essays/material.

It might take you a week or so to complete and 'memorise'/learn all your prepared essays/creatives/other material. Spend the remaining time on section 1 of paper 1 practice and looking at a variety of past HSC/trial questions for AoS + modules... and see if you can ''mentally'' adapt your prepared essays to these questions.

Biology/Physics

I assume you haven't written notes... so go find some top quality notes (from this website or your friends or whoever) and learn/'memorise' the syllabus. Memorising the textbook is generally more inefficient compared to looking at a set of condensed notes.

Science is essentially... learn your syllabus content (know it inside out) and then applying your knowledge to questions (so you'll need to do some practice papers).

Priorities:
1. Know your syllabus content. This includes practicals and knowing how to do calculations for Physics.
2. Then just practise and practise.

It might take you a week or so to learn the syllabus content for each.

Then spend the remaining time on practice papers.

General Maths

Maths is simply knowing your theory and formulas... then all you can do afterwards is practise and practise and practise. Do a few past papers.

Summary

2 weeks may seem like not enough time but you can definitely do something to change your 'fate'.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
You'll definately get you desired atar that you dream to achieve! Just gtfo bos now and study. I can't stop telling this to several people that this website is terribad, yes not just terrible but also bad. This site is full of lethal toxins and they like to crush your dreams and let you live in despair. My only advice to you is that is it seriously important that you start revising now and always think about the dreams you want to achieve as a motivation. I can almost see it.

Hey :) it's really nice you're trying to help and all , but maybe keep he song lyrics to a minimum because OP is asking for genuine help and It gets annoying/ distressing to see unhelpful comments. Just a tip :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lethal Toxin

HSC
Thanks for replys. I guess im gonna have to put my head down and get on with it, despite how pointless it seems.

ACI

HSC
RivalryofTroll gave a great answer in terms of WHAT you need to do.

I can help you out in terms of WHEN and HOW you can to study in the best way for your subjects if you like. It really depends on the way your brain likes to learn information. As in, are you a visual, auditory or kinesthetic learner? How do you think? How are you required to think for each of your subjects and the different styles of questions you will get?

With two weeks to go, you're gonna need to study in the most efficient way possible. Studying lots on its own won't do you much good. Studying well will make a huge difference. You know like, "study smart not hard".

That's just an idea of how I can help if you're interested. Just PM me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)