Leni's cutlure impact? (1 Viewer)

Chat1

What impact did Leni make on social/culture life in nazi germany?

Yeah her films maybe have been propaganda what impact did they have on the german people and society?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
-Embodied the ideals of the Volksgemeinschaft
-Illustrated conformity as part of the national community

I doubt they will ask this question, this was the question in the 2001 HSC.

Lucy Loo

this is all i know and it may not be right but here goes----

during the depression years and the reign of hitler, cinema became increasingly popular, it gave people hope and some thing to look forward to. it was also cheap so people were able to see it often. leni riefenstahl's films including- the blue light and tiefland (although it was made after Olympia) gave people a sense of wonderment and fantasy.
when "triumph of the will" was produced the scenes including german civilians portray the way in which the aryan race was ideolised and the way they worshipped hitler, as is seen when hitler arrives in his car, standing straight with amazing posture and the crowd is going WILD.
it would have been good to watch the films in order to get a clear picture in your head of what she actually made, and if you did watch the films, just look at the picture you have in your head of it and try to pick out things such as the lack of any "non-aryan" citizens, the way hitler is portrayed as god-like etc.

hope that kinda helped, im just gonna rave on with shit. lol
good luck

Chat1

Yeah thanx for info lucy loo. I see what u are saying, and i have seen the films. I can talk about what the films were showing but i dont know how this 'impacted on the german citizens'.

- Hitler was displayed as god like figure coming down in plane.
- Soldiers made to look similar and regemented
- People displayed as happy
- Blah, blah, blah

But how did this effect the people? In what ways. Were they won over by it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)