length of notes (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
Some of my notes for my subjects are several pages, for example, all 4 topics for business studies comes up to about 50 pages (about 12 or something pages each). I'm wondering if this is considered a lot - if this means I should be summarising them further? I set them out using brief dot points, and some sections have a little more detail where needed. One of my teachers was saying you shouldn't have more than like 2 or 3 pages per topic.. seems impossible though

thanks

hecticated

HSC
I guess it really depends on you.

For Bio/Chem I have about 15-20 pages per topic. So in comparison I have more than you so I don't think it's a lot but I don't do Business so I don't really know.
How many words for each topic? because for me it is about 5000 words.

I know some people make the margins really small and cram the pages but I like my notes spaced out.
My notes also have a lot of diagrams and pictures too. (not sure about your subjects).

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds about the average length of notes for business at my school..

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
all 4 topics for business studies comes up to about 50 pages (about 12 or something pages each)
My notes for marketing alone are that long

You should be fine OP. Having notes that are under 10 pages per topic for business is quite ridiculous in my opinion

Last edited:

MilkDrinker

HSC
Can I say, it really depends on you and how long you take to study them. Personally, my physics notes, photos and all, were at least 50 pages... each module. I had a while to read through them, and it suited me. That meant that all the info I needed was in them and I could at many times know what info I needed and go straight to it instead of having to look through a textbook or my class notes etc. Many people hate having so many pages, but I felt that it was a really good strategy for me.

Its really up to you and what technique works for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)