Length of creative piece (1 Viewer)

Nezz

HSC
What does everyone think or what have they been told?

tempco

HSC
Well, I usually write two and a half to three A4 sheets... usually run out of ideas.. :/

s2ophie

HSC
in my trial i got 14 or 14.5 out of 15 and i only wrote a page and a half (on A4 paper.) That was for a short story but for an interview or letter or something the length would vary. Its quality over quantity.

s2ophie

HSC
actually now i think of it i have seen trial papers specify approx 400w and that was our limit for the one we did in our AOS portfolio. Most importantly don't ramble on to fill up space because in creative writing, word choice is important.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I only wrote 2 pages in my trial (and I have big handwriting) and I got 15/15.... as Soph said, with the creative I think it's quality over quantity... and in essays you want to wear them down with textual analysis... so they are like "this person really knows their stuff"...

HannieStar

I called HSC Advice Line about that today and they said to write the same amount as in Section Three:)

I don't know how ill ever write that much for creative

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well, I'm still sticking to my quality over quantity theory in the creative. I think it's unreasonable to expect you to write as much for the creative because it's pretty much unprepared.... with the essay you are (even if you haven't memorized a general essay, which I haven't) regurgitating textual analysis and then linking it to the question... for the creative you have to "think fresh" depending on the question.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i did 2 pages and got 14/15, and it was a newspaper article/editorial type thing

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
In these creative responses, should we like concentrate on our definition of change?

Like, how change is inevitable etc?

tempco

HSC
It depends on the stimulus they give you... if it was "change is inevitable" then you'll have to revolve your response arount that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)