Lemony Snicket (1 Viewer)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Who has read any or all of the books? I've read three and I like them.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i havent read any of them, but i would really like to read them
im thinking of asking for a few of them for my birthday.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
My mum bought them for my brother and I read them first cause he sucks. It's kinda kiddy, but I still like it.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
so ur saying i should steal them from my lil sister then? mmmmmmmm but ive got enough to read cause every1 gives me books to read cause they think ill like them. the list includes

-the book by the guy who had to cut his own hand off when stuck in the middle of no where under a rock, i guess an how to survive guide in the big bad world from my brother

-cracking the da vince code, which is ok but takes the fun out of reading from my mother

-"at risk" a book on british espionage written by the former head of mi5/6 there again from my mother

-"introduction to electronics from radio shack" a book bought in a america by my good old nextdoor neighbour bob, i think he thought this was a good idea cause he sees me trying to fix things unsuccessfully alot

-and finally but not least 4 different copies of history today given by bob cause we have nothing to talk/.

i do not want to read these, but im expected to at the same time which is driving me nuts......im going to be waiting for the movie to come out for the next couple of things let me tell u ppl.; here ends my rant about ppl and their reading suggestion :mad:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
hah. you got shit books.

I, on the other hand, got lots of kids books! Chronicles of Narnia, Deltora Quest etc etc.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
oh and how could i forget about "are we alone?" - a friend gave it to me...its about the philosophical consequences to intelligent life in the universe etc..... all because i like the movie contact

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
The books are probably better than the movie judging by the various negative reactions from people I know who have seen it.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I think they mashed all the books together into one movie. That'd make it crap. Too much action in too short a space of time.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i've read a whole pile of them coz mum's a librarian..i thought they were shit..it's just so repetitive..

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
What do y'all think of our new Australian girl-next-door sweetheart Emily Browning?

Man, she's got talent for a young one.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I've never read a "Lemony Snicket" book, but that's actually a pen name of Daniel Handler, who wrote the amazing "Basic Eight".
I didn't have much interest in the books until I found that out, but given his brilliance I am now considering borrowing the Lemony Snicket books off my sister.

ceasetehconfusn

online now
HSC
i definitely agree with that! i became a fan of her after i watched the movie, pluss she's soo pretty..like hilary duff but in a more unique way.

Insouciance

HSC
For those of you who have only seen the movie and read the first three books in A Series of Unfortunate Events, I suggest you continue reading. The series has a major twist that was only hinted at in the movie, around Book the Sixth.

I am serious. The movie was the most incredible adaptation ever, a much more highbrow book to movie translation than others of the recent years. If you haven't read all eleven of the released books in the series, you are missing out on so very much.

The final two books in the series Book the Twelfth will be out October 2005 and the final, Book the Thirteenth will be released in October 2006, I suppose.

Convincing people of this is hard. Which is why I shall leave this post here and hope to god you do race down to Angus and Robertson and purchase books four to eleven and indulge in Lemony Snicket nee Daniel Handler's sophisticated, witty and intellectual offerings.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
steph@nie said:
Who has read any or all of the books? I've read three and I like them.
Ive read them all; and I really enjoyed the lot! :uhhuh:

He definitely knows how to reach an audience and entertain them! They were funny; quirky and I'd recommend them to all! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)