LEGT courses (1 Viewer)

ct92

HSC
I'm trying to choose between two electives for my business law major.

- LEGT3761 (Law of Banking and Finance)
- LEGT3771 (Information Technology Law)

Has anyone done either of these before? I'd like to know how the content might compare in terms of interest and difficulty, and if a past course outline was available that would be really helpful (they don't publish them online like other ASB schools).

decoil

HSC
I cant speak for the first course. But I did LEGT3771 (IT Law) S2, 2011. Its run by Bruce who has run the course for something crazy like 20 years.

In terms of difficulty, its really easy.
In terms of workload... its a weird one...

Basically, theres a minor research project, as well as a major one.
But, different components of each assignment are due each week. Which kind of reduces the pressure of it all.

Theres 5 tests at random times during tutorials throughout the semester, and he will take your 4 best tests and discard your worst. These are pretty easy though, nothing to stress about. One of our tests last semester was simply "What topic was covered in this weeks lecture?". And the last thing I have to say is, Bruce lets you do your major research project on whatever you want. So theres no set question or anything. He's a very involved lecturer, and you have to do a 10minute 1 on 1 interview to talk about your major research assignment, but overall I think this teaching style is a reflection on everyones marks, because essentially its one of those courses where everyone does well.

I recommend it!

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
BUMP! :)

Hey guys, I'm interested in finding out more about these two courses too. Has anyone done either one of them and can share what the course was like for them?

Thanks for your comments, decoil!

ct92

HSC
I decided to do LEGT3761 in this past semester, and I enjoyed it. The content is easy to understand and you can see how it's applicable to the real world, which can't be said for all subjects. And the exam was open book, though I got the feeling that isn't always the case. I would recommend the course, especially if you're interested in the bank-customer relationship since most of the content related to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)