Legal Studies vs Biology (1 Viewer)

shalon

HSC
hi guys, i'm currently in bio but we don't even have a bio teacher yet as the previous bio teacher who was really good quit. So my biology class is currently stuck with a pdh substitute :S i previously wanted to do both legal studies and biology, unfortunately they are both on the same line and i have to choose one now. i'm a little worried about the scaling if i pick legal studies as most of the class arent exactly.. smart cookies. i don't mean to be rude but im worried i might get scaled down because of this? ive heard biology scales better but atm im not sure if i want to continue it as we dont have a proper teacher yet im unsure how the teaching standard for the rest of the course will be? the bio course is also quite dull

to anyone doing/ or has done legal hows the course?

help? which one would be a better choice?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Both require a large amount of memorisation, moreso Biology.

Do Biology if you can imagine yourself memorising countless points of content. Do Legal Studies if you're confident in your ability to come up with convincing cases including the judge's comment when it doesn't even exist.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Both subjects are very different, and I think you need to determine which one you like better. In terms of "scaling" and stuff, ultimately, if you do well, you will be "exempt" (to a degree) from the effects of moderation. In either subject, you should strive to work your hardest and come first, so you are ultimately unaffected by how your cohort performs (ranking 1st = highest internal HSC mark)

I think you should:
- Talk to your deputy and get statistics about the number of B6's your school gets in both subjects, if moderation is a big concern for you
- Not rely on the teacher to ensure you get good grades, but put it upon yourself and individual effort to get those marks/ranks. Yes, teachers can be a facilitator of that, but it is ultimately up to you to put effort into either subject.
- Determine which subject you like better. Generally, more interest in a subject = more time spent working on it = higher marks because of increased and applied effort

SabrinaSchool

HSC
N/A
I do Legal and I love it.

You have to learn all about the court system, how laws are made. All that.
But I enjoy it because we talk every lesson about interesting cases and crime.
We talk a lot about interesting cases in the news and you can voice your opinion.
It may be different at your school but that is how it works at mine and it's really interesting.

I can't say it's better then Biology because I don't do Bio but personally legal is a favourite of mine because it's interesting and you learn your rights. I highly recommend it to anyone considering if your interesting in that sort of thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)