• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Legal Studies preparation for HSC? (1 Viewer)

Ballinnn

HSC
Is anyone preparing a certain way for legal? IM really not sure if i should learn the full topic of family instead of just the contemporary issues and divorce....

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Is anyone preparing a certain way for legal? IM really not sure if i should learn the full topic of family instead of just the contemporary issues and divorce....
in the legal studies exam, it only comes down to one essay (from 2 options) so it is unlikely that they're going to ask you to define family or some low skill thing. it would be best just to go over the dot points that require a more in depth knowledge such as the "evaulate" and "assess" verbs rather than "define" it would also be a good idea to go over the themes and challenges and the principal focus of the topic, and do practise papers! i personally think it is too late to start writing notes now espically since the HSC starts in <29 days.

Good luck with you HSC :)

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. Know your contemporary issues really well because there is occasionally a question that focuses on just one contemporary issue.

Ballinnn

HSC
yes i understand, but should we be focusing on the whole family topic or just contemporary issues? i feel prepared, yet underprepared cause my school has really drilled us. So im not sure if i should be not only focusing on the contemporary issues

Kowther

HSC
I would do contemporary issues because there is always one general question,and you can shape it to fit your answer.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Does this apply for workplace as wells?
Like would I have to study for the whole topic of workplace, or would knowledge of contemporary issues (safety, discrimination, termination of employment and leave) be sufficient for the HSC?

Candidate

HSC
I'm more worried about the 15 mark crime question considering the topic is so broad. I might practice an international crime essay, but I hope they ask about young offenders :< For the option essays, I am just practicing some guessed questions they likely will ask, since they obviously won't repeat the 2011 or 2012 questions. I wish the Legal Exam wasn't right between the English and History exams since they all take so long to prepare for );

Kesa Latu

HSC
Well, I'm just revising everything in order to answer or complete 'Student's learn to:' column in the syllabus.
Hope that helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)