Legal Studies help for prelim (1 Viewer)

trev_2541

HSC
Hey Guys,
I need help with my legal studies exam I got the facts down no problems what I need is specific cases relating to Women and Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander people. That would be really great as that's wot the teacher is after.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Adam

khoi242

HSC
umm.

would that be women and torres strait islander people in a case together?
or seperate cases?

or perhaps both?
should look in your text book!

omigodwhenover

gotta love the HSC...
HSC
trev_2541 said:
Hey Guys,
I need help with my legal studies exam I got the facts down no problems what I need is specific cases relating to Women and Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander people. That would be really great as that's wot the teacher is after.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Adam
I did these aswell, but i can't think of any court cases for women.... oh wait a sec (dont know if this is relevant or not)

R v, D.J.Johns (1992) (Supreme Court of NSW): a women accused her husband of rape and he was acquitted of all charges, the judge saying a man may use 'rougher than usual handling' to persuade his wife to have sex with him. The decision was then successfully appealed - relates to how women are disadvantaged becasue men are dominant in positions of legal authority, especially common law

cases relevant to Aborgines include:
* Mabo case 1992: overturned the doctrine of terra nullius
* Native title Act 1993
* Wik case 1998
* Mandatory sentencing (WA)
Thats all I can think of

HSC
Just get the dates and courts for all the Native Title issues, The referendum in the 60s that allowed Aboriginals to vote, deaths in custody, and for women get the Discrimination/equal pay legislations. Dunno if this will help but hey at least I tried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)