legal confusion (1 Viewer)

tag.twix

HSC
this may be a very stupid question..
the different between legal PROCESSES and legal SYSTEM...

would the processes be... say courts n such.. and system be the whole system ? including legislation and processes ?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
The legal system is the system of law in a country. In Australia this is the common law system. Uses the adversarial system of trial. The judge is impartial.
The civil law system is based on Roman law and is in countries such as Italy and France-European countries. The judge plays a more active role and investigates directly.
The sources of law for the common law system is statute law, common law and the constitution

Legal processes are the PROCESSES people take to access the law. E.g. negotiation, mediation and conciliation, arbitration, common law etc.

hope that helped :)

tag.twix

HSC
cool thanks

it kind of helped..
ill just write the quesiton..

Workplace
"outline the legal issues and assess the effectiveness of the legal processes in resolving conflicts between employees and employers."

basically im talking about IR and Courts right ? maybe mention legislation ?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
tag.twix said:
cool thanks

it kind of helped..
ill just write the quesiton..

Workplace
"outline the legal issues and assess the effectiveness of the legal processes in resolving conflicts between employees and employers."

basically im talking about IR and Courts right ? maybe mention legislation ?
This is a theme of the legal syllabus
You need to familarise yourself with these themes as they ask them in questions. As you can see yours has focused on the effectiveness and legal processes but also asking on conflict and cooperation
If you need a refresher see my Themes thread

I don't do workplace but I do business so basically you should talk about conflict-causes, industrial action-overt and covert, remedies, effectiveness of them, avenues of redress, the legal process-negotiation->mediation->conciliation->arbitration etc.

Good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)