Left Handers (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
noir. said:
2 hours only? i can manage 7 A4 pages in 45 mins. did that in my trials for Drama.
that is, if you've already prewritten ur essay and remember it.

40 mins i can only write 4-5, and thats with knownig EVYERTHING im gonna write.

you're a freak.

laurenxoxo

HSC
tommykins said:
that is, if you've already prewritten ur essay and remember it.

40 mins i can only write 4-5, and thats with knownig EVYERTHING im gonna write.

you're a freak.
Well in that case the majority of people are freaks because in the HSC, most people write that much. Except me lol. hence, the production of this thread.
Don't worry.. marks wise, all they care about is content. A lot of the time ,my papers get better marks than people who need extra booklets and what not. i think the teachers get a bit sick of insignificant waffle. unless the waffle is relevant it doesn't even count. i would like further time though, to finish early and proofread but oh well.

fishy89sg

HSC
laurenxoxo said:
Just out of curiosity, are there any other left handed people out there who also fail to write the 10 pages everyone else seems to be writing? Maybe it's just my excuse but no matter how hard i try, I CANNOT write fast. For one my hand just does not want to cooperate and during the AOS exam i had writers cramp all the way up my arm. Even if i just sat down and wrote random crap, i wouldn't be able to get past 6 or so pages in those booklets. Anyone else have this problem or am i just deformed? lol.
being left handed, its just you

jexca

HSC
I'm left handed, and i really don't think the hand you write with effects how much/how fast you can write. It is really the ability of the person writing. My writing is fairly legible too, but my friends at work tease my writing coz mine slopes the the left and theirs slopes to the right haha. I realised thats why i'm not very good at forging my mums signature (not that i'll have to do that anymore, with school being over and everything :D), she slants to the right, i slant to the left :p

and LOL to everyone with ink smudges on their hands, i just had a look, the whole side of my hand is a purply blue colour from ink smudges from this mornings exam haha.

And to the person who said that people are freaks for writing alot, in total, i wrote about 25 pages in my AOS exam the other day :S its seriously not hard if you know even kind of what you're writing about.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i have no issues aside from the smudging, but yeah i can usuually fill out booklets and booklets in 3hr exams, don't have any cramping issues. it's just practice, i pretty much write out everything well i've been using the computer more lately but generally i'm a writer, maybe you just need to write EVERYTHING?

bloomers

HSC
hi friends, freaky 10% of population, other 'special' people..

i have the exact same problem. only recently when i have been telling myself "you CANNOT fuck up now, its the hsc" have i been able to write what i think is the average speed of most people.

i even contemplated asking for a writer for exams, i was that worried about it.

but yeah, my contribution is that i read somewhere that the reason left handers are generally slower and have more problems with handwriting is because we PUSH the pen rather than PULL it from left to right.
interesting hey?
theres actually like a prescribed tilt you should use because it is most beneficial for left handed writers or whatever.
look it up. :)

but GOOD LUCK ALL YOU LEFTIES. I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
I too am a lefty, but my writing is no serverly slow. I still managed to write 18 page for AOS and 21 for Modules (size 16 font)

I guess for a lefty you need practice writing because right handers have it easier. All my notes i handwrote just to pratice for the HSC.
I know some lefty's that write much faster than all right handers, it all comes down to practice and how comfortable you feel writing.

I would be good to be able to write with both hands thou, in case one gets tired we can switch =D

timmwah

HSC
Ahmed A said:
I'm a lefty too!
And my mate is a lefty... he wrote <b>two booklets for each section in english paper 1</b> on friday and I wrote one booklet for each
So its definately up to that person and their capacity to write.
I just keep reminding myself 'its quality not quantity' so its all good :)
Hahaha, I'm sorry, I just can't see any reason why you would need more than one booklet for section one of AOS.

Unless your writing's bigger than Godzilla, like mine.

Also re: the smudge thing fellow lefties (leftys?) do you find that you smudge the ink when youre trying to write really heartfelt, memorable things in birthday cards? If not, then how embarrassing for me.

punkbabe89

HSC
I write left-handed, do everything else right-handed.
Can kinda write right-handed... but its slow and messy.
I find im a terribly slow writer, i never get as much out in an essay as anyone else, that said, ive never studied in my life, and type everything possible.
My hand tends to cramp alot, say after half a period of straight dictation, but so far i havent had any trouble in exams.
The pen up the side of my hand is horribly annoying and may as well be permanently stained, but for some reason my writing itself doesnt get smudged much, and its large and easily legible.
I don't think i write upside down or sideways really... but i probably do without realising it, i was sitting "side saddle" as the examiner called it in AOS and got told to turn around to the front.. i had no idea i was even doing it.
Go figure.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'm left-handed and I wrote 12 pages on the SDD exam I did for practice last night.

Gets awfully sore though. For my IPT exam in '04 I got rest breaks. Didn't end up taking them much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)