Lectures (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It seems to me like everything they are saying is too easy to be university level work. Is this just because I did similar subjects last year in school, or do I have no idea whats going on?

alien

HSC
they're starting you off slowly so they don't freak you out. i'm sure it will get HEAPS harder

iamsickofyear12

HSC
alien said:
they're starting you off slowly so they don't freak you out. i'm sure it will get HEAPS harder
I've only looked at the textbook for one of my subjects, and it didn't seem to get much harder.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
First year subjects are very cruisy, and if you've done related subjects in high school, then you'll find it easy. It starts off with the basics, but your assessments such as essays etc are required to be much better than HSC level, such as referencing and construction.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Raiks said:
First year subjects are very cruisy, and if you've done related subjects in high school, then you'll find it easy. It starts off with the basics, but your assessments such as essays etc are required to be much better than HSC level, such as referencing and construction.
How do they expect assessments and essays to be better than HSC standard when they are teaching so simply? Won't the people doing the subject for the first time go really bad then?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Like Raiks said, its not the content that is hard, its doing essays and stuff at an acceptable university level. You will go from getting 90%+ marks in school to around 65-70%...quite a rude shock. What you think is perfect will still be a long way off. Its really just a matter of trial and error and you get better as you go along.

santaslayer

HSC
uni marking is fucken strict...
refer back to this thread when u get ur 1st set of assessments back. :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
santaslayer said:
uni marking is fucken strict...
refer back to this thread when u get ur 1st set of assessments back. :p
you can't get rude shock if your assessments are objective tests :p

but yeah, essays and reports are marked ridiculously

pogiangel

HSC
You guys are scaring me...

At least I know not to go jumping off a cliff when I get my results etc back. Argh, I see myself getting stressed in the near future. Uni people like stacking the work dont they.

Im supposed to be reading and deconstructing the main points of a text for graphic design and i honestly dont understand a word...

Wish me luck,

Jerome

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
pogiangel said:
You guys are scaring me...

At least I know not to go jumping off a cliff when I get my results etc back. Argh, I see myself getting stressed in the near future. Uni people like stacking the work dont they.

Im supposed to be reading and deconstructing the main points of a text for graphic design and i honestly dont understand a word...

Wish me luck,

Jerome
yes, 13 weeks passes mightly quickly

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
That's relative to how much you're having fun.

I wonder how fast thirteen weeks go by for some. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
That's relative to how much you're having fun.

I wonder how fast thirteen weeks go by for some. :)
13 weeks goes screaming past for me. Well the first 11 do and then I realise I have 2 weeks to learn 11 weeks of material in time for final exams. Those last 2 weeks go by even quicker.

Ninga

HSC
The sessions fly by for some reason. Its crazy. Im in honours year and i feel like 1st year was just...well...not 3 years ago!

santaslayer

HSC
matt#1 said:
lol...and that isn't spam?
No, since my post served the purpose of pointing out the fact that what you said previously was in fact spam material. This helps the moderators and administration to efficently, and effectively detect such material and proceed with appropriate steps to deter or remedy such forum offenses. :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
No, since my post served the purpose of pointing out the fact that what you said previously was in fact spam material. This helps the moderators and administration to efficently, and effectively detect such material and proceed with appropriate steps to deter or remedy such forum offenses. :p
it wasn't offensive spam material anyway...i was simply wishing someone good luck with their studies. Is the purpose of BOS not to help and encourage people with their studies?

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
matt#1 said:
it wasn't offensive spam material anyway...i was simply wishing someone good luck with their studies. Is the purpose of BOS not to help and encourage people with their studies?
1. Spam is spam. There is no difference as to what the spam content is classified as. In my opinion, ANY spam is offensive as forum members use the medium as a means of giving and recieving information. Useless material obstructs the effective and efficent utilisation of the website and members do not appreciate it. Therefore, ANY spam is somewhat offensive.

2. BOS is not prefdominately used as a means of encouragement to studies. It was created simply as a governmental body which oversees the operation of certain syllabus being implemented correctly in NSW K-12 schools.
BoS however, is definetly used as a communication medium which CAN fulfill the certain objectives mentioned above. However, the issue is that you have taken such qualities which BoS posesses and manouvered it out of context. One of your intentions was undoubtly to spam the UoW forums, and, as UoW King, I have the obligation of reminding you (and others), that spam will not be tolerated and further steps will be taken if such rules are broken again.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)