Lectures (1 Viewer)

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
So I've heard that sometimes they will mark the role in lectures... does anyone know which subjects this may usually happen in?

and if they do mark the role and you're not there.. but you go to all your tutes and your passing.. then what?

I ask because i fucking hate going to lectures when everything is on ilearn.. i feel like the amount of time it takes me to get to macq.. i can listen to my lecture the whole way there.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Never been in a lecture where the roll was taken. I just go to the first ones and then watch the rest on Echo.

Blizane

HSC
This only happened to me for the first time last week (after 4 years). I think it's more or less there just if you're borderline Pass/Fail, but they see you've attended all lectures/tutes then they'll be more likely to bump it up to a pass.

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Well in my lectures (2 of them) the lecturer gets us to mark our name down, so they can check if we've been attending if someone wants to appeal their grade (say they get a 49 or something)

Last edited:

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
yeahh I think I'll just keep up on ilearn and echo..but i will go in for my acst101 lectures because it's just before my tute anyway.

Thanks for your input dudes.

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
do u know about stat170, or accg106, or bba102? lol..

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I was wondering does all subjects at MQ have ilectures?

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
@MrBean1561 - awesome

@honsaw - i don't think all of them have ilecture.. or echo recordings.. i know for instance hrm107 doesn't have echo (yet) but they lecture slides are uploaded

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
BBA102 isn't marked either.

Echo is mostly, but not always used from my experience.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I,ve actually never heard of a lecture where the roll is marked

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I,ve actually never heard of a lecture where the roll is marked
They're uncommon, and usually the result of extremely low attendance in previous sessions. I think I've had only one over four years.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They're uncommon, and usually the result of extremely low attendance in previous sessions. I think I've had only one over four years.
Or making sure people turn up to compulsory information ones like my TEP 300 level ones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)