Lectures (1 Viewer)

jelabay

HSC
Are the lectures at macquarie recorded so we can get the audio file later?
And do a lot of people bring lap tops to lectures?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
yes they are, its called 'ilecture' i think. I assume some people would but it depends on what units your doing, i doubt that many humanities students bring laptops.

*Baby-K*

HSC
are there powerpoints that we can use to charge the laptops in the lecture rooms because in the computer lab (where we went to enrol in units) I saw a sign that said "No student laptop chargers allowed" or something along the lines

Peartie

HSC
in most lecture theatres there are one or two right up the back to charge laptops (@ least in all the ones im in)

And there is iLecture but not all lectures are recorded

and ive never used a laptop in anylecture - i find it cumbersome and annoying - and i remember in one of my first semester lectures the lecturer was talking then there was a massive bang and someone had dropped their laptop onto the cememnt floor @ C5C Lecture theater - and the lecturer was just like "thats why i recommend hand writing things" - her laptop had a nice big crack on the outside and the screen had lots of cool colours....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you need to plug your laptop in for charging, it may be best to leave it home :) (Or get a netbook).

The effort and time it takes to set it up etc, isn't worth it.

HSC
Horrible, however most of my lectures had laptops. Being computer subjects and what not.
I remember this ONE guy in my engineering lecture and computing lecture tapping away on his keys and clicking...drove everyone around him mad.
Imagine for 3 WHOLE DAMN HOURS...*click*...*click*...*click*...*click click click*...*click*...*click click click click*...*tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap click tap tap tap tap click*

xsavagex

HSC
I didnt use a laptop last year, no one did. Oh actually 2 or 3 people did, but they even had it in stats and i looked over their shoulder and they were playing Solitaire. Anyway, i think its easier to just handwrite everything.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I didnt use a laptop last year, no one did. Oh actually 2 or 3 people did, but they even had it in stats and i looked over their shoulder and they were playing Solitaire. Anyway, i think its easier to just handwrite everything.
Exactly, its more of a distraction...the few times I did bring it to lectures was simply to continue downloading my torrents

HSC
You can say random shit into the audio recording equipment for all to hear later

jelabay

HSC
do you think they record the business lectures? like the stats, accounting etc ones?

*Baby-K*

HSC
If you need to plug your laptop in for charging, it may be best to leave it home :) (Or get a netbook).

The effort and time it takes to set it up etc, isn't worth it.
It works fine off charger I just prefer when it's plugged in- don't have to worry about it suddenly dying.
I went out and bought 3 notepads for my subjects. 2 x 2 subject ones- for languages because I like to use one half for lectures/notes and the other half for vocab. And 1 thick one for law. But I like using my laptop.:)

Odyssey2001

HSC
Horrible, however most of my lectures had laptops. Being computer subjects and what not.
I remember this ONE guy in my engineering lecture and computing lecture tapping away on his keys and clicking...drove everyone around him mad.
Imagine for 3 WHOLE DAMN HOURS...*click*...*click*...*click*...*click click click*...*click*...*click click click click*...*tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap click tap tap tap tap click*
I had a lecture once a week and someone brought their laptop to every single class and all I could hear was *click*click*.... for the entire hour, every week, for a whole semester. By the end of the lectures my eye was twitching everytime I heard a click and it wasn't even a computer based subject.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Handwrite your notes straight onto the lecture notes they give you imo, it's easier, lighter and less annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)