• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Lecture Slides - How long before lecture? (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
I want to print off the slides for my lectures before the actual lecture so that I can make my notes on them, but I'm not sure how long before the lecture they will be up? What is the average time before a lecture that they are posted?

Unfortunately I have to leave for uni two hours before I actually start so I'm hoping that they are posted on the net well before the lecture actually starts...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
You'd have to check with your convenor because it varies from subject to subject, but they should be there at least the night before! I think the least amount of time that I have had for a subject is the night before. Although some lecturers only put them up after the lecture because they think that it makes more people come to their class.

hannahxxx

HSC
OUt of the 10 subjects I've done so far, only one has had the notes posted BEFORE the lecture starts.....I know lecturers have a lot of other stuff to do but how hard can it be to put them up the night b4....

Tu17

Latte addict XD
HSC
lol all my subjects have their lecture notes posted up before the lecture, upto a week ahead. which is pretty cool.

Peartie

HSC
hannahxxx said:
OUt of the 10 subjects I've done so far, only one has had the notes posted BEFORE the lecture starts.....I know lecturers have a lot of other stuff to do but how hard can it be to put them up the night b4....

so far...as far as i know...none of m lecture slides have been up the night before - the earliest theyve gone up was 20 mins before the lecture

And most of my lectureres still seem to work on their slides well into the wee hours of the morning...hence they cant put them up that much earlier!

zaqwerty

HSC
All my lecturers have said that they are going to post them before the lecture, and I see others in the lectures with them. I dont want to have to go to the library at uni just before my lecture to print them off though because I usually get there exactly on time, and to get there 20 mins earlier I'd have to catch a train that came almost an hour earlier! Dammit..

ippie

HSC
Yeah it sucks. Alllllll my units post early, except one and that really bugs me.

maka

HSC
I reckon the lecturers are quite smart in that regard.

Most of my subjects are up after the lecture. I think it is a good point because people actually listen and take notes rather than just look around the room.

Granted I prefer i lecture, I can have the notes when I listen to the lecture.

hannahxxx

HSC
Peartie said:
so far...as far as i know...none of m lecture slides have been up the night before - the earliest theyve gone up was 20 mins before the lecture

And most of my lectureres still seem to work on their slides well into the wee hours of the morning...hence they cant put them up that much earlier!
mmmm...your subjects are obviously different....A lot of the lectures for my subjects (politics, law, cultural studies) have been written years before and the lecturers just tweak them with new material. In this case I think it's not too much to ask to have them up for us to write on in lectures

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Why would they put lecture slides up before a lecture? That just promotes non-attendance.

If you want them mailed to you, do it externally rofl, otherwise its not too hard to wait that hour or so.

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Why would they put lecture slides up before a lecture? That just promotes non-attendance.

If you want them mailed to you, do it externally rofl, otherwise its not too hard to wait that hour or so.
Back when I did MKTG101, they did (possibly still do). Reason was the lecture slides had blanks, and only by listening in to the lecture could you fill them in/write notes in the corresponding lines.

maka

HSC
I prefer the notes with the lecture as well though. Though many times, I will listen and look at the slide as the lecturer speaks and make notes compared to that slide ie slide 9...... X Y Z

If I cant attend, I will use i lecture and the notes simultaneously after the lecture and make any suitable notes or commentary.

I remember George Tomossy saying in Health Law that one skill that we need to learn is note taking and understanding oh how to ascertain what is important or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)