Leaving in an exam - Is it allowed? (1 Viewer)

_Arsenal_

HSC
Okay so I have heard over the past year and even after reading some posts today on here that you can leave during the exam? I have heard that you can leave one hour after the exam starts, but you can not leave 15 minutes before it ends, so say there is 15 minutes to go, you can't leave. Is this true? Because yesterday in our Paper 1, the BoS guy said that "You cannot leave during the exam". Is it just my school being gay? >.<

Bloodstriker

HSC
No that's the rule; you can't leave in the 1st hour and last 15 minutes. Idk even know why they enforce that rule, lol

deswa1

HSC
You can leave one hour after it begins but not in the last fifteen mins

HSC
Uni Grad
In between the one hour since the exam started and before the 15 minutes to go, you can leave.

_Arsenal_

HSC
So basically, my school is just being gay and making everyone stay for the entire exam. >.<

constance1994

HSC
My school we're strongly advising staying for the full time as it you're fully utilising the set time, but if you want to leave early, there is nothing stopping you. The supervisors can't exactly force you to stay after all

2xL

HSC
Honestly, if you really give a shit about your HSC/ATAR you would stay.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
The supervisors can't exactly force you to stay after all
If you leave in the first hour it is malpractice because other ppl can still join the exam. If you leave b4 one hour your course may be cancelled.

BrokenRecord

HSC
So basically, my school is just being gay and making everyone stay for the entire exam. >.<
I don't know about your school, but i know that a lot of private schools have to stay for the entire exam period.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I left the exam room early..... before the 10 minutes was up, not even 15 minutes..... the exam supervisors are so relaxed at my school.......

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Some schools won't let people leave early, but BOS policy is not the the first hour or last 15 mins.

Honestly, in some subjects I can't see you having the time to leave if you'd put in a decent effort (i.e English). Only sub I do I can see it is bio, I finished my trial like an hour early but at least it gave me time to check thoroughly.

_Arsenal_

HSC
The reason I am asking is that I will finish IPT and Biology in around 2 hours and will have checked over all my answers - so why should I have to stay for the full extent of the exam if I have finished? Lol.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I don't understand how a school can have a sexual preference.

Hazballs

HSC
I don't understand why you would leave anyway, surely you would want to maximise your marks by using all the available time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)