Leave an exam early? (1 Viewer)

Walking out on an exam early?

• Total voters

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
i would seriously consider leaving maths early, tho i always end up trying to answer everything,lol, despite knowing none of it (and it is at this point i begin to make up formula's and proofs! yay!)
other than that, i wouldnt leave an exam early.
Our school made us sit for the full time for the trials, this resulted in an hour of counting the tiles on the ceiling and reading the honour boards -not as exciting as im sure it sounds ;p

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
DaveYoung said:
It's just a number to get more education, and that education != success.

ahhh see thats where u wrong uai not number but a RANK . secondly more education doesnt always mean more success thats just sterotype of society

anyway bak on topic depending on how bad maths looks i may be a bit iffy on whether i want to stay for whole thing i mean probably will to try and do my best just incase i screw up in something else but i got 12 units so its not such a big deal

lepellillow

HSC
davidbarnes said:
People who leave early are abolsute fuckheads.
how so? in some of the 3 hour science exams i finish usually after an hour and a half. then you check over it for half an hour.
then what the hull use is me sitting there, for the next hour, counting tiles on the ceiling or the number of circular objects in the room?
i could go home early, and have more time to study for the exam that's two days later.
i agree it's silly to leave without checking.... but the timing for like, biology and chemistry is ridiculous... i can't believe ANYONE uses up the whole time...
if they do fair enough, but if you don't... why stay??

in my trials we had to stay the whole time but it was pointless... i didn't change anything on my paper for the last 1hr15 for bio or chem and got 94% and 76% and there's no way i woulda beaten that if i had kept altering my answers the last hour anyway.

gotrice?

HSC
evry1getscrewed said:
i'm fairly certain the school can't stop you leaving. if the board of studies says you can leave early, then it doesn't matter what your school policy is, the supervisors will let you go.

but how could you possibly leave exams like english early? you only have 2 hours (40 minutes for each section). if you are satisfied with what you've written in under that time, you're either mensa with fantastic writing, or you're a douche who will probably get a low uai anyway.

your choice really

Oh so I'm guessing everyone in Australia who recieves a 'low' UAI is automatically a douche. Sorry that not everyone is as smart as you. Or let me put it another way. Sorry that not everyone has geeky azn >.O' parents like you who whip you to study everyday.

Some people want to become police officers or nurses or teachers, so they can help and protect your arrogant, stuck up arse when your older.. you fucken gay nerd fool.. get fucked

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
again uai rank not everyone can be ranked high some people have to be low does not automatically mean they are dumb gah

cxlxoxk

HSC
Pro of leaving early.

- You won't have to think about the subject anymore, and quicker (as opposed to sitting the exam whole time)! Unless you're doing something like it, for Uni.

- You avoid doing this:

You may think you made a mistake, but it was actually correct, and you "corrected" it, thus making your final answer wrong.

Cons of leaving early

- You may find an actual mistake and correct it with the extra time that you have

- You can't talk directly with your friends, asking them how their exam went, after (unless they leave early with you)

I hope thats a good way to put it =)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
gotrice? said:
Some people want to become police officers or nurses or teachers, so they can help and protect your arrogant, stuck up arse when your older.. you fucken gay nerd fool.. get fucked
Hmm, I wouldn't want unintelligent people doing these jobs... not saying intelligence is related to UAI though...

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
Walking out on an exam?

so pretty much would u ever, have u, u planning to?

just curious and cant be fucked doing search mines better because i started it LOL

Kew

HSC
Re: Walking out on an exam?

Well obviously the people who walk out after the first hour of examination have not got a brain, clearly.

Xunlyn

Flippant Pancakes
HSC

If we walk out we're not allowed to go to the formal :'(

henry08

HSC
N/A

Lol
100% say no.

I agrre. Those who walk out always do shit.

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A

Oh man i was so close to walking out of english todaY wanted to cry cause i had a mental blank.
But i would never walk out early i dont think
This is it man its the HSC
At my school but today espc, i was looking around and like soo many people had left early, but they;re usually the ones who dont care you know

Katieeee

HSC

I don't see why there is a need to leave early - it's only one/two hours of your life... and you only get one bite of the HSC cherry! Why not stay in there and attempt something constructive?

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC

I didn't leave any HSC exams early because we weren't allowed... although I can't remember what the punishment was.

...but I have done it a fair bit at uni. Of the 25+ exams I have done at uni I have only ever stayed until the end 2 or 3 times.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC

like for the deros who know they are going to fail hsc who dont need uai.
also for those taking 12 units and know exactly that one of the tests wont count

sam jay

HSC

i would if i knew 100% that i couldnt add anything else to make my mark higher, but i odubt i'll ever walk out of one though.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

I would if I had answered everything and gone over the paper like 2 times and checked there was nothing else I could add in.

In my trials I left my bio exam early, because I finished in 1.5 hours, then checked over it a couple of times, and I still came first =]

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A

Nah I'd never have the guts to leave a HSC exam early. Wouldn't forgive myself, even if I'd quadruple-checked it etc.

Ran out of a French exam in Yr10 though, bawling because I knew I couldn't finish on time. Turns out we were only supposed to attempt one out of four questions and I was trying to attempt them all instead.

... always read the question now. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)