Learning content VS Practice papers (1 Viewer)

studiousbiatch

HSC
SO at this late stage (and i have 5 exams in the first 5 days), i dont want to waste my precious study time.
What do you think is more important- learning the actual content, or doing practice papers? I'm thinking I am okay at applying stuff to the question under exam conditions- maybe its more worthwhile just learning the stuff?
I do english adv, eng ext1 , general maths, geography, bus studies and ancient history. does it vary by subject?

Thanks, i think this will help others too! reply quick haha

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
yes it does vary from subject to subject, this is what i would od:

Practice:
-eng
-eng 1
-maths

for the rest content would be better, except you should really do the business reports from past papers

HSC
business-past papers for mulitple choice questions + revise the rest
ancient- past papers for everything

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Maths - past papers are better in my opinion, look up your textbook if you've forgotten a formula.

Datto120

HSC
I need to cover a lot more content so i did practise tests but instead of doing the questions if i didnt know the answer i found it in my textbook and put it into my study notes.

H

housemouse

Man thats pretty tough, 5 exams on the first five days. Mine are all spread out.

I would just say try doing practice papers and marking yourself.

HSC
studiousbiatch said:
SO at this late stage (and i have 5 exams in the first 5 days), i dont want to waste my precious study time.
What do you think is more important- learning the actual content, or doing practice papers? I'm thinking I am okay at applying stuff to the question under exam conditions- maybe its more worthwhile just learning the stuff?
I do english adv, eng ext1 , general maths, geography, bus studies and ancient history. does it vary by subject?

Thanks, i think this will help others too! reply quick haha
maths = past papers
business studies = know the whole freakin syllabus.
english - past questions
geography = :/
ancient history = :/

:santa:

rocafella32

HSC
toughbreak dude...5 exams in 5days would kill me

I dont know about the rest, but for ancient i would recommend content for historical period (coz its its just gonna be a explain (regurgatate) essay), for personality i reckon you should content again, except learn how to analyse and with society prob practice since its short and easy...i dont have a freeeking clue about versuvius...i havent even got practice papers for that
++ remember quotes...thats whats screwing me up right now...not the content

HSC
N/A
Usually I prefer studying up to a "working" level of knowledge, then I start tackling the practice papers. In the event you don't know something as well as you need to (or, enough to know how to make it LOOK like you know what you're talking about), then it becomes very obvious and you can quickly look it up in your notes.

Whilst past papers might seem scary and stressful, the exam paper isn't going to be very different. In my opinion doing a number of them kind of "numbs" the shock a little bit on the actual exam day, because at the very least you're familiar with the layout and can go into 'ok, new question I haven't seen before, how do I answer this one' as opposed to 'oh F@#$ I haven't done this question before I'm SCREWED panicpanicpanic' :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)