• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Learning about sex/private parts (1 Viewer)

GSTARRAW

Dejected said:
bullshit....but if so

WHAT WHERE WHEN WHO........?
The bear i slept with, my cot, when i was 2 and again my favourite bear who i still sleep with.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i started learning in primary school, i think from yr5, which i think is a good age.... parents never talked to me about (still haven't, thank GOD), i learnt everything from school and magazines.

rofl in yr7, my best friend saw this girl in yr10, who used to go to primary school with us, and she whispered to me "omg, i heard sarah* sucks her boyfriend's dick!" hahaha i still remember how horrified we both were :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
I think you should buy him the Kama Sutra book for his birthday. :)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
we started learning about it in yr 5 at school

HSC
At our school we learnt about it in years 4, 5 and 6. Each year it got progressively more gory. I don't really see a problem with kids knowing about this sort of thing, and personally think it's a bit better than having ignorant children.

No matter how much you postpone sex ed, I'm pretty sure that most kids figure things out well in advance anyway, so you're better off going with it and ensuring that they have information to help them make sensible decisions, rather than sticking your head in the sand and pretending that little johnny doesn't know how his bits and pieces work.

"now he's full kitzblitzing about the house and be like, 'I'm gonna punch your nutsac out' or blah"

On a side note, I'm not entirely convinced that that's as a result of sex ed at school. Unless of course he didn't notice that particular part of his body up till they taught him about it, in which case maybe he should be in a special school. Kids learn choice terms from each other, and I'd say that's more likely to have been something he picked up from another child than from being taught where babies come from. Rather than blaming sex ed for that sort of thing, a better solution would be to teach him that terms such as that are not entirely appropriate for every day use around the house :)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
miss_megs said:
We had a 'Sex Talk' Night at our primary school in yr 3. We went up to the school with our parents and learnt all about the bits and pieces below the belt. ONce returning home i go a 'where do i come from?' book. Then of course we had those 'girls only chats' about periods and boobs and shit like that with one of the teachers in like yr 5 and 6. Learnt all the obvious in yrs 7 and 8 in lovely health class hehe and then Dolly and Cosmo taught me all the nawdy nitty gritty things there are to know, as well as helpful hints ;)
i found out about periods in year 2 cos this girl stood in the playgorund and screamed out "hey everyone, i got my period!!" and i went home and asked my mum what it was. and my friend found out about periods when she kicked her sister up the bum and asked her why she had a notepad in her underpants...

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
was i the only one exposed to the where do i come from videos /cartoons
they showed the bed moving and go if your parents didnt enjoy it. they wouldnt do it again

HSC
Katie123 said:
they showed the bed moving and go if your parents didnt enjoy it. they wouldnt do it again
We watched those in year 12 to fill in time once I think :) (And saw them for "educational" purposes in year 8 or so). Man, those were terrible.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i remember them cartoon videos. my whole class pissed them selves laughing. even the teacher started laughin. i found them so funny.
so we watched them again a week later when the teacher wasnt there.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
is that the video where the cartoon characters stand there with moronic grins while their pubes grow at lightening speed?
if so, we got shown that in year 7

miss_megs

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i found out about periods in year 2 cos this girl stood in the playgorund and screamed out "hey everyone, i got my period!!" and i went home and asked my mum what it was. and my friend found out about periods when she kicked her sister up the bum and asked her why she had a notepad in her underpants...

Notepad! LOL!

I saw one of the cartoon videos in yr 7 i think. It was hilarious! They showed the man and lady getting into bed and the bed cover had a pattern of these 2 cats next to each other, and they zoomed in on that and the cats were bopping up and down getting faster and faster hehe
Oh and another funny one was the one about erections and all that crap and there was a guy standing on the diving board and it was instant and noticeable hehe the class cracked up!

wanton-wonton

HSC
lala2 said:
Hey all,

Maybe I'm just old fashioned/conservative, whatever, plus the fact I'm asian, but I'm kinda worried cos my lil bro started learning about the above in YEAR 2!!!!! I only learnt it in Year 6/7, cos it was the school curriculum (I was in an international school overseas back then) and it just happened I developed quite early (oh the shame!), at that particular age, so I was bound to ask questions anyway even if the curriculum hadn't been timed so exactly to be taught at that particular time.

What should I do about my bro? I guess I can't stop him growing up but I would'ev preferred it if he learnt this sorta stuff at an older age, now he's full kitzblitzing about the house and be like, 'I'm gonna punch your nutsac out' or blah....hmm, did any of you have the asme experience?
i still don't see what your problem is...

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Katie123 said:
yep we watched the cartoons.. at school we also did the condom over the cucumber thing

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
sadly i missed that experience. we got told that they couldnt tell us about contraception cos it was against school policy. stupid catholic school. i guess they wanted us all to use the rhythm method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)