Leading Edge seminars/workshops (1 Viewer)

coroneos

Has anyone been to one or heard of anyone that has been to one?

I want to know if their "DYNAMIC EXAM STRATEGY WORKSHOPS" are not scams lol. I never liked that Dixon dude, from the moment I started using his textbooks.

HSC Economics Exam
Strategy Workshop
Our Exam Strategy Workshop is designed to
give you the skills you require for answering
multiple choice, short answer and extended
response questions. Well teach you our
dynamic formula for writing extended
responses and save you hours of study time.
The workshop includes:
- Extended response writing strategies,
including the use of introductions,
conclusions, quotes and statistics.
- Keys for making study time effective and
interesting.
- Powerful tools for maximising exam
results.
- A comprehensive workbook including
extensive examples and model answers.

HSC Advanced Skills Workshop
-This workshop is targeted to high academic
achievers. This workshop will assume you already
have a strong knowledge of course content and
will include secrets for success from recent
successful HSC students, including how to:
- Differentiate your answers from other
top students
- Ensure examiners give you full credit
for what you learn
- Integrate current economic developments in
the global economy and Australia into your
answer
- Integrate statistics, reports and key
economic concepts into your answer

Like that sounds pretty good, but what can they tell you that is worht paying $500 for?

like : ohhh.. Discuss means this.....

You have to include ECONOMIC terms!! LOL :)

Yeah - if anyone has been to one or heard of one - plz either reply or contact me on MSN messenger or email me :

same account : coroneos2003@hotmail.com

AGB

HSC
i think you will find they have all finished for the year...

the final seminar was last week i think......

Nupil

HSC
N/A
Well I was just wondering - has anyone actually ever been? I didn't seem the point of the "dynamic workshop" ... but has it actually helped you if you've gone?

I've never believed in tutoring for anything though ... would these sorts of workshops constitute 'tutoring'? Also - do they thoroughly examine the syllabus at the workshops? And I dont know why it's of any consquence considering I'm never going to be at one ... but curiosity. Supposedly it led to greatness, I also reckon I'm turning into a cat though. Damn contradicting phrases/proverbs. Though they're not proverbs atall.

Oh and I know this reply didn't answer your question in the slightest - I'm just curious myself. There's a girl at my school who gets it and believes it's helped her alot ... but she's been going to it throughout the whole year, as proper tutoring. Oh and that's another question! How many of you bother to get tutoring of sorts for economics? And does it/has it helped you?

Well ... cheerio. Oh and sorry for killing your thread coroneos. Meh.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by Nupil
Supposedly it led to greatness, I also reckon I'm turning into a cat though. Damn contradicting phrases/proverbs. Though they're not proverbs atall.
what the fark hav u been smoking nupil??

Nupil

HSC
N/A
It made sense at the time!!

And in me mad mind it still does. Stupid cats. Stupid curiosity. See it relates.

It could work.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Nupil
Oh and that's another question! How many of you bother to get tutoring of sorts for economics? And does it/has it helped you?
In somewhat of a response to this, I tutor HSC level economics and I believe it helps the student, because u can sit down and explain difficult to understand concepts for as long as it takes them to understand - also, tutors that have been there and done that provide exam tips and such that can aid a student. However, the backbone behind tutoring economics is for the student to understand the concepts, not merely rote learn or memorise information.

2late

Been to their workshops and weekly sessions.

They are pretty good and they do follow the syllabus. They explain concepts which are harder to understand and have really up to date info.

aNg3L_iReNe

Irene was here....
i went to the april revision one...
if you think boutz it.. they go for about 4 hours a day.. and supposed to cover .... like 3 major topics??? it wasnt very detailed.. they went through overheads and .... slide shows...
got a bit .. boring..
i havent been to theeir conferences... the only one i went to was at st maryz senoir earlier this year.. they were boring too..
it comes down to you, if you can learn from them then try them.. otherwise you can hire a tutor and theyd be better for you!

eeyore

Friend of mine went to one and said they were quite good coz they give notes

About eco tutors, I have no idea how they work! lol But I guess you can get tutored in anything....

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by aNg3L_iReNe
i havent been to theeir conferences... the only one i went to was at st maryz senoir earlier this year.. they were boring too..
hehe $5 dollar one?
i was there i probably saw you around ..

whatever

They still have one crash course for the 8th Nov. check their website.

I went to some over the year. They are good cause they refresh everything and give a lot of stats which as straight forward and understandable

whatever

yeah, the could be called a scam cause they are expensive, but they give signifigant facts

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
I don't know about their economics ones. But I went to the business studies revision one during the last holidays. I thought it was very good. It was a bunch of fairly young guys running it and they were really pretty good with it. Like interaction, not just preaching. I liked it. Plus they give great revision booklets for studying.

A mate of mine has gone to their weekly eco tutor thingy's thoughout the year and he reckons their great.

But i recconmend to ppl to pick up their economics workbook. We got them from school and they're really good with short answer and MC prep.

[edit] - Wow. It really didn't sound like an advertisement when i wrote it.

Last edited:

hk31

HSC
the guy that's coming first in eco in my school went to his tutoring....

aNg3L_iReNe

Irene was here....
Originally posted by sukiyaki
hehe $5 dollar one?
i was there i probably saw you around ..
hahah.. you prolly did... i walked in late and made a lot of noise!
but i left half way when the break was on!! i missed whats his name... gittens.. ahaha the only reason i went!

aNg3L_iReNe

Irene was here....
whoz going ot the 8th nov one!!!!
ill be going!! kakaka!
iwanted to go the weekly onezz.. but far outt... wai too expensive! hope this one goes aiites...
and for those who think its a scam..
its like... 99 bux for 4hours.. works out bout25bux ph.... thats like a tutoring lesson. i derno, but i pay 25ph for normal tutors.. these ones are experienced..also!! they hand out written essays haha.. i got the one on exhange rates and they are filled with statistics and.. wahh.. lotsa info!

Mr.Moonlight

HSC
N/A
Go! Leading Edge Education, taking u to the very edge.......all their weekly notes are like a different version of their text book, such a waste of money. YEAh....Go Tuesday, the coolest day of the week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)