Leading Edge Economic Summary Notes. (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
Has anyone applied at the Leading Edge Website to have summary notes and such sent to them for free?

Has anyone recieved any of these notes?

The following hyperlink shall take you to the site.

http://www.leadingedge.com.au/about/contact_student.php
Leading Edge Website said:
If you would like to receive information about upcoming workshops/conferences, FREE notes, or details about our weekly tuition programs use our online enquiry form below by selecting:
I have applied but have not recieved any notes.

Can anyone shed some light?

michael1990

HSC
IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Why can't they just send them out?

HSC
I asked for them in year 11, they were sent out ages later. Quite good, but it's only a sample, and was the prelim course. Now they send me email/letters every few weeks about conferences and such I can't afford to go to [and wouldn't anyway].

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Hey Michael I haven't received my notes either! We sent the order off around the same time remember...

I sent another order through my school, so the summary notes would be directed to me via my Economics teacher.

I still can't believe nothing has arrived! I'd like them really soon :(
Maybe i'll end up giving someone a ring... find out how long it really takes.

michael1990

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
Hey Michael I haven't received my notes either! We sent the order off around the same time remember...

I sent another order through my school, so the summary notes would be directed to me via my Economics teacher.

I still can't believe nothing has arrived! I'd like them really soon :(
Maybe i'll end up giving someone a ring... find out how long it really takes.
Yeah i do remember.

Why can't they just give us an email or whatever saying they should be arriving on such and such date?

it sucks, i bet they are really good as well
lol

HSC
Honestly, they aren't that great. Make your own notes.

michael1990

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
I do, but still... notes on the side, extra support etc.

Want them to arrive now!
So agree with you, i want them NOW!

I mean how hard can it be to photocopy and send?

They have offices and personal to do it. Otherwise they wouldn't offer the notes?

karnage

HSC
I wouldnt be suprised if they just gave you the little summary at the end of each chapter like they have in their textbook.:p

michael1990

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Honestly, they aren't that great. Make your own notes.
I bet they are good.

And plus i make all my own notes. But its still good to be able to refer to notes that were prepared by a HSC textbook company.

michael1990

HSC
karnage said:
I wouldnt be suprised if they just gave you the little summary at the end of each chapter like they have in their textbook.:p
I doubt that they are little one page summaries. I would say they are a detailed summary of that topic.

cs01001

HSC
michael1990 said:
I doubt that they are little one page summaries. I would say they are a detailed summary of that topic.
They unfortunately aren't.

cs01001

HSC
I got them a while ago. Max 5-7 pages of notes/exercise on free trade and globalisation. They send you more catalogues then the actual notes LOL. If you're really after REAL Leading Edge's notes, spend some money to buy a year's worth from past students who went to their weekly tutorial. It's not necessary, but some good reference.

Oh Yea, how did that 'Confession-after-1/2-yearlies' go? :p

michael1990

HSC
cs01001 said:
I got them a while ago. Max 5-7 pages of notes/exercise on free trade and globalisation. They send you more catalogues then the actual notes LOL. If you're really after REAL Leading Edge's notes, spend some money to buy a year's worth from past students.

Oh Yea, how did that 'Confession-after-1/2-yearlies' go? :p
She had her last exam today, we spoke for a bit.

We are meeting up next week. So will tell her then.

I thought they would be really good notes. Because it is coming from well a company who WRITE the HSC textbooks lol.

Agree?

HSC
michael1990 said:
I thought they would be really good notes. Because it is coming from well a company who WRITE the HSC textbooks lol.

Agree?
It's not that they weren't good, it's that there is very little of them, so don't get your hopes up. Furthermore what are you expecting past the textbook? It's already pretty comprehensive.

michael1990

HSC
veloc1ty said:
It's not that they weren't good, it's that there is very little of them, so don't get your hopes up. Furthermore what are you expecting past the textbook? It's already pretty comprehensive.
Yes quite agreed. But some parts of the textbook are very detailed.

I just think a company who makes HSC textbooks would be able to write very sufficient notes.

cs01001

HSC
michael1990 said:
She had her last exam today, we spoke for a bit.

We are meeting up next week. So will tell her then.

Agree?
You've to :spam: Leading Edge with email before they send it to you, lol

They make excellent textbook, notes, and tutorials. However, the free notes they send you represent only a small proportion of what they give to their weekly tutorial students. You can probably tell how great their resources are, lol. I have seen some of their notes from a friend of mine, they go much further beyond the basics required including latest news/cases in newspaper etc. But honestly, if you wrote an integrated, solid textbook response using just Riley+Dixon+some own research, you will barely have time to add in fancy stuff. I wish I could go to their weekly tutorial, but $4.5k for a year's attendance seems too much. I might go for Term 3 tutorial to get a boost prior to real HSC.

I can scan you the Free notes if you want.

Oh Yeah, please do keep us informed about how your date goes. All the best :p

michael1990

HSC
cs01001 said:
You've to :spam: Leading Edge with email before they send it to you, lol

They make excellent textbook, notes, and tutorials. However, the free notes they send you represent only a small proportion of what they give to their weekly tutorial students. You can probably tell how great their resources are, lol. I have seen some of their notes from a friend of mine, they go much further beyond the basics required including latest news/cases in newspaper etc. But honestly, if you wrote an integrated, solid textbook response using just Riley+Dixon+some own research, you will barely have time to add in fancy stuff. I wish I could go to their weekly tutorial, but $4.5k for a year's attendance seems too much. I might go for Term 3 tutorial to get a boost prior to real HSC.

I can scan you the Free notes if you want.
Um... I don't think the money is that bad, but i wouldn't want to go now as i don't think i would retain the information.

Could you please scan the notes for me?

cs01001 said:
Oh Yeah, please do keep us informed about how your date goes. All the best :p
Yep i sure will.

Much excited :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)