Le Morte D'Arthur (Yr11) (1 Viewer)

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
Le Morte D'Arthur

Hey, anyone know any URL's for a short Le Morte D'Arthur summary?
Preferably something that outlines the hero's journey. :D

Thanks.

fwuxed

Channeling Ki
HSC
uMm
It's a module for ext 1 english...

The hero's journey. Based on king arthur or something. I'm in year 11 though...

HSC
wow that's really not a fun book to read are they making you do it or is this your own choice? i analysed it for extension2, and there are 'cliff notes' but i don't know how useful u'll find them. i bought them as an e-book off the internet. you're best bet is prolly to just read the damn thing, though it's a really confusing and long book (at least find a copy that's been translated from 15th century english). there are many 'heroes journeys' in it though, much of it isn't focussed on arthur. man i'm glad we never got anything like that!

pearla

kewl
HSC
The guy who wrote it was a member of teh Order of teh Knights Templar and the whole story can be read as a puzzle about the location/history of the Holy Grail (Which, coincidentally, is not a cup or anything but a stone, and may in fact be the Arc of the Covenant)

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
wow. memories.

wow. i rememebr we did Arthurian legends as a topic in yr 11. its was actually pretty funny. u should read a couple of the stories. its soo funny. they just go around the place on their horses, challenge anyone they can find to a duel over the most petty things and then they win and go have sex with some fair maden. its brilliant.

mind u, the thing was a couple of hundred a4 pages for us. and i don't think anyone read more than 20 pages. just read some of it and pull out some quotes. cause seriously, they can't really assess u on the whole story becuase, as far as i remember, there was no continuing story. it was a whole bunch of smaller stories.

i'm guessing u have to compare that to some of the other arthurian legends? if so, u lucky devil, after those 2 articles in the weekend smh... haha, but maybe ur assess has been due already!! i loved the arthurian stuff, monty python's holy grail was hilarious to study, and i got soooo into the language of le morte. i'd read it again, if i wasn't doing the hsc, hehe.

bigsplash

HSC
could someone give me some pointers? i have to write a 1000 word essay on how composers (authors, artists, film makers..watever) of the modern context have transposed, transformed or subverted Le Morte D'Arthur ..so basically asking WHY people still use Le Morte D'arthur in the modern world??

[ year 11 ext. 1 english ]

thanks heaps if you could give me some guides/pointers/ideas..

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)