LCD Monitors (1 Viewer)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I was wondering which brand is good for LCD monitors. Any suggestions?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I've heard the BENQ ones are good value for money ..

And they're a lot easier to read especially in sunlight.

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I don’t like CRT monitors as it’s not lightweight and slimmer than LCD.

anti said:
I've heard the BENQ ones are good value for money ..

And they're a lot easier to read especially in sunlight.
I heard BenQ LCD monitors is pretty good and value for money as well. I recently got a BenQ mp3 player and it is in a high standard.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I dunno about which brand, but I can tell you that if you get a good quality crystal, it looks better than a tube - easier on the eyes, and such.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
BenQ has made huge in roads into LCD monitor market.

but i guess it all depends on your budget, there is no one-size-fits-all LCD monitor.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I got a 17 inch sony......its pretty good

HSC
i got a L1710S and no dead pixels, bought it in 2003 for $680, and works perfectly too thisday, its LG 17" LCD, and i have no regrets

now its alot cheaper and more newer models, but steer clear from dodgy brands like polyview, my mate bought one and had lots of troubles, got a LG and a Sony (one for his dad) and works fine

grimreaper

HSC
Casmira said:
i got a L1710S and no dead pixels, bought it in 2003 for $680, and works perfectly too thisday, its LG 17" LCD, and i have no regrets

now its alot cheaper and more newer models, but steer clear from dodgy brands like polyview, my mate bought one and had lots of troubles, got a LG and a Sony (one for his dad) and works fine
I've also heard a lot of good things about polyview - they make cheap monitors, but other than your experience Ive only heard good things about them (and theyre a lot less expensive than sony)

HSC
grimreaper said:
I've also heard a lot of good things about polyview - they make cheap monitors, but other than your experience Ive only heard good things about them (and theyre a lot less expensive than sony)
and im sure theres some dodgy stories about LG
all brands have two sides too a story

T

timbk2

grimreaper said:
Another good brand from what I hear is CMV. I plan to buy one of their 17" LCD's soon. The cheapest place for them I've seen is here: http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/non-PARTS.pdf
dont buy from MSY, its rumoured they sell dodgy b-grade stuff.

meanwhile, i just bought a samsung MJ17ASTS (newer upgraded version, of the 710N) for $500bucks. pretty much as close to cost price as u can get on it.

HSC
timbk2 said:
dont buy from MSY, its rumoured they sell dodgy b-grade stuff.

thats funny, my LCD, cpu, motherboard, hdd, other 2 computers seem too work just fine and they are all from MSY

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Actually, I would tend to agree with timbk2. I know a programmer who decided to take a look at their password protection for their "platinum members" section (it appears to be gone now). He cracked it rather quickly - an easy mathematical algorithm. But that wasn't the worst of it. Oh... they still have their platinum member section. I legally probably shouldn't tell the password and username, then (thought it's a rip-off, let me tell you. Not worth $200!).

If you want to have a go at it yourself, here's the page: http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/password.htm

HSC
the platinum doesnt apply at sydney
the elite haxor only cracked it showing the prices for platinum club
its not $200, its if you spent $200 in the past 6 months
i know the password too, take a real guess what it is, rather easy

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
He's not an elite hacker. He was just trying to show the stupidity of the whole thing. And their web design sucks. Furthermore, it's kind of funny that they have to hide the prices, because people wouldn't want platinum otherwise.

Cas: Actually, it's $200 and you get it all back if you buy $200 worth of stuff.

HSC
well thats retarded, regardless it doesnt effect me so i dont give a shit

of course website sucks, they waste less money on a website and more on cheaper products

the small amounts of money they make on products goes towards profit, not a funky website, that whole place is run by understaffed asians, not saying that asians are bad at websites, but they spend all their time with selling stuff rather than on a website, one of my brothers friends worked there and they never had time to work on the site, you knwo that pricelist gets updated twice a day

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Casmira said:
the platinum doesnt apply at sydney
the elite haxor only cracked it showing the prices for platinum club
its not $200, its if you spent $200 in the past 6 months
i know the password too, take a real guess what it is, rather easy
Make that really easy.:p

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Anyway, still stuck on choosing between 2 brands. Ie LG and BenQ. Which one is better and why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)