Law students and their unwarranted ego. (1 Viewer)

lawstudent

HSC
I think I speak for every non-law student here in asking: what's with the attitude? Why are law students such epic pricks?

Why does doing a bachelor of laws mean you have to walk around campus with a pole up your backside, acting like you are a the son of Jesus, and being arrogant priggish twats to anyone unfortunate enough to be within a 10m radius of you? Being in college and doing a commerce degree @ Melbourne Uni means I was exposed to the cream of law wankery, and I need answers to logically explain such disdainful people and put it to rest.

You can instantly spot them in class; they're the pompous chucks wearing a suit + scarf with a briefcase. Or if they decide to go for the "I'm so chillaxed at the moment.... but don't forget I do law" look, you get them sporting $350 "college" jumper, boat shoes and possibly a tweed hat -- depends if they're the "artsy" type that writes horribly shit 15,000 word articles in the Union Magazine about their trip to the United Nations Student Forum.

I have also lost some good friends to this "law culture", one day they're a down-to-earth student, then as soon as they come back from 1sr year law camp they're suddenly in the "wine-purveyors society", study-buddy clubs and are reminding you every second word that: "oh the law ball was great because people there do law, and we talked about torts, and I've got an assignment.. in commercial law, and I met someone who works in law". A CLUE: You don't have to remind us you do "law" every fu**ing second word you arrogant dorks.

Not only this but they are always "too busy" because "law work is Sooooo much harder than what you're doing, you just wouldn't understand the hardships of doing law, you could not even fathom how difficult law is". Seriously, I have lost 3 good friends to this insidious disease of ego-masturbation, and going to meet their pretentious "law buddies" was the most depraved experience of my life.

Of course I have only touched the tip of the insane level of prickness people reach when doing this course, but I want to know why? That's the pertinent question: why all this hubris? Why does law make you feel better than everyone and so smug and up yourself? I mean, there is barely even a demand for law graduates. The whole ability to actually work in a decent legal position has been completely diluted. Graduate salary is shit ~ 50k or something? One of these friends who did LLB/BComm Monash with an 87 average couldn't even get into Allen's Arthur, or similar, so you have to be above that high level to even get somewhere respectful. Which means 85% of you vain people on here doing Law have shit-all chance of a decent grad position, and will most likely work as a paper-pushers or low-paid government jobs.

So I want to know WHY!? Your future prospects on average are not good at all, and is completely trumped by engineering, medicine & commerce and even often even science for example, but us others are chilled, you guys are ostentatious A-holes. Needless to say it is also hands-down the most boring & applicably useless material to subject one's self to in the whole University curricullum.

You're all arrogant deluded mummy's boys who thrive in this gay "law-club" mentality of false hopes and willingly subject everyone else to this foul miasma of self-importance.

So from all the other students on campus: Get over yourselves!! You are nothing but arts student, and everyone knows it, except you.

:shoot:
87% and still no job!?!?! i feel scared =S

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Most law students end up working for legal aid on a shit salary anyway, so who gives a shit.

edit: settle down spazzes, before I get *attacked* by butt hurt law students...

People not doing law seem to have an inferiority complex re: law students because of this perceived notion that all law students end up stupidly rich or that law is like an episode of Boston Legal or something, idk. The reality is that only the top performers from law degrees get these glittery jobs, and so while you might be feeling inferior to a law student for whatever reason, chances are if you compare input required to finish law vs. monetary output after graduation, most of us not doing law end up better off to begin with anyway.

Last edited:

lawstudent

HSC
Most law students end up working for legal aid on a shit salary anyway, so who gives a shit.

edit: settle down spazzes, before I get *attacked* by butt hurt law students...

People not doing law seem to have an inferiority complex re: law students because of this perceived notion that all law students end up stupidly rich or that law is like an episode of Boston Legal or something, idk. The reality is that only the top performers from law degrees get these glittery jobs, and so while you might be feeling inferior to a law student for whatever reason, chances are if you compare input required to finish law vs. monetary output after graduation, most of us not doing law end up better off to begin with anyway.
I personally don't feel superior to anyone else. Most of my friends do engineering and science, and many of them are better than me at maths =(

will-anal

Banned
HSC
I personally don't feel superior to anyone else. Most of my friends do engineering and science, and many of them are better than me at maths =(
I wasn't saying law students feel superior. I know a few, and they don't give a shit. I was saying that for whatever reason, people like the op feel *inferior* to law students because of this perceived idea that law students or law is the creme de la creme of tertiary education. It's not, it's just a career and there are massive knobs in all degrees.

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Law students are arseholes, law isn't rocket science boys!
It sort of is, in a way.

I did a law subject for my course. It was the worst. So much to read. So many cases to memorise.

So many stupid terms in Latin.

The worst.

Dosu

HSC
N/A
law is fucking easy to get into when compared to medicine or dentistry.

bio_nut

HSC
Did the OP not get the marks to get into law or something, wow?

Most law students are not like this at all. Some are, yes, but are most definately in the minority.

Dosu

HSC
N/A
Did the OP not get the marks to get into law or something, wow?

Most law students are not like this at all. Some are, yes, but are most definately in the minority.
it's pretty obvious however that law students are not as humble as other students

they seem to like reiterating that they are law students as well

bio_nut

HSC
it's pretty obvious however that law students are not as humble as other students

they seem to like reiterating that they are law students as well
You can't generalise like that. I JUST SAID that they're all not like that, I know very few that are.

bio_nut

HSC
Except it's not. Like I just said.

You're not funny.

Dosu

HSC
N/A
Except it's not. Like I just said.

You're not funny.
i wasn't trying to be funny but ok, whatever makes you happy

i just find it amusing how seriously you take this. STUDENT GOSSIP IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

bio_nut

HSC
Of course. The internet is serious business. Duh.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
You can't generalise like that. I JUST SAID that they're all not like that, I know very few that are.
if u are a law student urself, u wudnt notice it as much as other non-law students, u wud take it for granted and only notice the extremely arrogant/snobby ones

im not in university myself so i wud have NO FREAKIN clue about the way law students act there lol

bio_nut

HSC
if u are a law student urself, u wudnt notice it as much as other non-law students, u wud take it for granted and only notice the extremely arrogant/snobby ones

im not in university myself so i wud have NO FREAKIN clue about the way law students act there lol
I'm not a law student.

hi-im-alex

HSC
oi! i swear law degrees have to be the most overated degree in terms of career prospects. Just have a look at the clerkship thread. So many capable prospective lawyers but not enough places. Its an absolute joke, and you only relise this in 3rd or 4th year when the 'oh im studing lawz im going to be denny crane!' honeymoon ends and you start worrying about vacation positions etc

bio_nut

HSC
lol hence the "IF" at the beginning of my post xD

and since ur not actually a law student, why are u going to such lengths to defend them ?? =S seems a tad odd lol
Because I have friends that are law students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)